Test Drive Unlimited Gameplay Thread

Soldato
OP
What race track bingham?

As ive unlocked a Ford racetrack now or something...

And oh yes got off work a good 5 hours early as it was dead (gotta make it up sunday though :()

But still. im going back in

Soldato
Bought the Lotus Exige in black and it looks utterly gorgeous. I'm going for mostly muscle cars though, but want that 350Z Nismo thingy! I gave it a test drive and just heard a gorgeous high pitched whine as I went up the gears. I was in love! :o

Soldato
been most of the way round the island now

now i've got

ferrari 288 gto - stage 3 tuned
350z nismo - stage 3 tuned
MV Agusta F4 Tamburini

doing a couple more delivery missions then i'll get a classic and another house i think :D

still no F1 LM code :(

the normal F1 & the GTR proper fly :cool:

anyone know a shop that sells magnum pi shirts? lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Well i went tootling around in my little black alfa, and then took a Murcielago MC12 for a testdrive (something MC12 at least). All i can say i s holy ****** **** **** ** ***** ** ** wow that was fast! I will die if i ever go near one of them in real life. Seriously.

Got a 350z nismo (I think) now, saving up for an aston martin methinks :)

Does anyone else think the handling fels a bit iffy sometimes? :confused:

Soldato
McDaniel said:
What race track bingham?

As ive unlocked a Ford racetrack now or something...

And oh yes got off work a good 5 hours early as it was dead (gotta make it up sunday though :()

But still. im going back in

Its near the airport mate took me while to think of a route to get to it. :)

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I'm finding the game quite infuriating. Ihate Time Trial races with a passion. Some ped car always manages to swerve AT me instead of away from me leaving my to restart over and over again.

Also, one you get to police 3 shields, its pretty much impossible to get rid of them.

ARGHGHGHGH!

Also, uploading Photos says "cannot connect to TDU server" although it says at the top they're "available".

I also cannot see anyone but on the GPS, in the 3d world they're just no there :(

Soldato
I cant wait to play this but i wont be able to until later tonight some time , plenty of people seem pleased with the game i have a question is the graphics better than project gotham ?? i didnt think i would like the bikes but i enjoyed the one in the demo :D .

Soldato
Dup said:
I'm finding the game quite infuriating. Ihate Time Trial races with a passion. Some ped car always manages to swerve AT me instead of away from me leaving my to restart over and over again.

Also, one you get to police 3 shields, its pretty much impossible to get rid of them.

ARGHGHGHGH!

Also, uploading Photos says "cannot connect to TDU server" although it says at the top they're "available".

I also cannot see anyone but on the GPS, in the 3d world they're just no there :(

There not just time trial races there checkpoint and also speed camera and also some where you face ai opponents.

Also Multiplayer ones are orange one on map if you scroll across to challenges they appear as long as you been past the area on map.

No idea why you cant see anyone been ok for me was rolling with Snipergecko earlier down the big freeway awesome. :D

Soldato
The visuals are no way better then PGR3 but that was a closed game in terms of freedom, while TDU is the opposite. The cars in TDU look stunning but don't look better then PGR3 as a result. I prefer open ended gameplay with supercars and TDU gives me just that.

Been driving to the otherside of this flamin island for 50mins+ so far, almost thar!

Soldato
Mlingard said:
I cant wait to play this but i wont be able to until later tonight some time , plenty of people seem pleased with the game i have a question is the graphics better than project gotham ?? i didnt think i would like the bikes but i enjoyed the one in the demo :D .

Well considering this game takes more graphical content then pgr 3 id have to say it dosnt look as good. But pgr 3 is a completely different game your talking about a track based racer this is a huge open world but still graphics are quite good car model are lovely very detailed. :)

Soldato
An update on the McLaren F1 Code

Dear Customer,

Thank you for ordering Test Drive Unlimited.

Please find below a statement from Atari, the Publisher of the title.

"Unfortunately, due to extensive final testing of your exclusive downloadable content, we are waiting for the functionality to have final approval. We have tried all in our power to have this ready on launch but we have been informed that the latest we can expect it is Wednesday 13th September.

I apologise for this inconvenience but trust that you will enjoy the experience of Test Drive Unlimited."

Jeremy Wigmore, Managing Director Atari UK Ltd.

edit: Ah I see this was posted in the other thread which is where I mean to post this :p

Soldato
Quite enjoying this game.....As its already been mentioned, the scale of the map is quite staggering.....Feels like i've been driving through loads of places when i haven't really....

Started off with an Audi A3 and have now bought a Nismo 350z S-Tune......Slightly dearer than the 350z but better braking and acceleration....I'm finding it quite hard to earn BIG money, the odd few grand race here but that'll take me forever :D

Also got a bad habit of picking up the ladies, dont get cash.....Just vouchers for clothes! :( :D

Soldato
KennyBhoy said:
Quite enjoying this game.....As its already been mentioned, the scale of the map is quite staggering.....Feels like i've been driving through loads of places when i haven't really....

Started off with an Audi A3 and have now bought a Nismo 350z S-Tune......Slightly dearer than the 350z but better braking and acceleration....I'm finding it quite hard to earn BIG money, the odd few grand race here but that'll take me forever :D

Also got a bad habit of picking up the ladies, dont get cash.....Just vouchers for clothes! :( :D

Hi mate try doing the transport of cars and you get $90k plus bonus if you get it there without hitting anything. :)

Edit: when you progress in rank the rewards are higher for races. :)

Soldato
McDaniel said:
Im trying to find my mate but no matter what we can never see each pther :(

Tried meeting at loads of places too :(
Have Atari specifically said how the server system works in TDU? Cos it sounds heavily like the way Ultima Online's subservers. Basically the island is split up into a grid each being a subserver with players seamlessly moving onto the next. The only reason why I think you and your mate can't see each other is because Atari are running more then one server containing the island and its subservers, so he could be on another server completely? I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom