*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Thanks, it looks the same but it’s even cheaper so I ordered that. Seller apparently posted after 1 hour of me paying. :eek:
On the note of the belt, I own the Pallum-sports one and it's an ok belt. Although I popped out one of the studs the first day I used it for squatting.
So go for the cheapest one I'd say.
So much for extra quality then. Cheap one it is!

At a guess I'd say that is the thinner (<10mm) version of the pullum belt. It will do you fine, it'll just be less stiff.
Good enough then
No, it's 10mm. It actually says on the site that it's 1cm. £60 for a standard double pronged lifting belt is ****ing ridiculous. Pullums is almost universally a rip-off. For £60 you could find a damn lever belt somewhere else.
Hope that’s true, I got the ebay one. Thanks everybody for the input.

Soldato
Anyone able to link me the epic thread on diet information that has all of the calculations in there for working out your bmr etc

Soldato
I had a reasonable workout today, a little slow to begin with, but I soon got into the momentum of things, sorry for the body of text:

Flat Bench press: 60kg x9, 60kg x8
12kg x2 dumb-bell flys - 8x3
Close-grip flat press - 50kg x7

27kg Skullcrushers Ez bar - 8x3 superset
27kg Preacher curls Ez Bar - 8x3 superset

Cable/Rope Push-down - 11.25x8, 13.25x8, 16.25x8

BW dips - 3 reps, 4 reps, 2.5 reps followed by my total exhaustion! My arms felt like jelly. But the pump was awesome.

Treadmill intervals 1 minutes @ 8km/h, 5 minutes @ 12km/h, 1 minute @ 8km/h, 5 mins @ 12km/h, 1 minute @ 8km/h, 2 minutes @ 12km/h, cooldown 1 minute @ 7.6km/h, 1 minutes @ 6.7km/h, 1 minute @ 5.6km/h for a total of 18 mins.

I must have consumed 1.2 litres of water.

Post workout was a bagel, 300g cottage cheese with pineapple, red salmon & salad sandwiches and I'm still starving.

I will be having my main meal around 9pm, which will be chicken caserole and tuna, with microwave steam vegetables. Not my usual evening meal, thats normally ~220g of chicken fillets/salmon/trout/lamb served with microwave steamed rice and veg, but my parents made it, so hey!

Had Chocolate mint whey with 100g oats and 340ml of milk this morning, followed by a banana for 10-o-clock tea time. Lunch was a lamb chop with lots of salad (I always end up eating a hot meal at the work canteen).

Pre workout was whey with 200ml of milk and 200ml of water.

Moving on...

Breakfast tomorrow will be 100g of extra lean bacon, 2 wholemeal slices with peanut butter served with 200ml orange juice.

10-o-clock teatime will be 500ml milk with 100g oats and whey

12:30 will be 100g extra lean bacon, 300g cottage cheese, microwave veg

3pm will be 500ml milk with 100g oats and whey

5pm pre-workout will be bagel, cottage cheese and banana

8pm will be ~200g of chicken fillets/salmon/trout/lamb served with microwave steamed rice and veg

For a total of 3288kcal, 282.5g of Protein, 357g Carbohydrates, 85.3g fat of which 32g saturates, 25.2g fibre roughly and 7.7g of salt.

Protein & carbs are a little high I think, but I'll try this diet for a few weeks to see what happens. They say we should have 6g of salt, but I'm under the impression the intervals will make me sweat a lot of it out anyway, so 7.7g shouldn't be too bad. Oh and my foot now has a blister... :( Won't stop me running or walking or lifting with it though.

Kind regards,

David

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I agree. Not sure what to say to that. Perhaps I should have done a few more chest exercises really. Perhaps a dumb-bell incline,

My thinking behind the triceps/biceps was doing them at the same time would be more benefical.

Still..leg day tomorrow, Squats, SLDL, Standing Calf raise, seated calf press, dumb-bell lunges (step-ups) 30 min intervals on treadmill.

Kind regards,

David

Man of Honour
There's nothing wrong with doing biceps with triceps, but it doesn't make sense in terms of your workout. Add in another chest exercise, remove a tricep one, and add a bicep one and you've got a chest and arms day. Or remove the bicep, add another chest, and you've got a chest and tricep day... etc.

Also the amount of sets you're doing is a little strange:

2 bench
3 flyes
1 CGBP
3 skulls
3 ez curls
3 push downs

Soldato
The biggest issue I had with todays workout was I think I went too heavy on the cgbp and the bench.

I might have been better off doing 60x8, 60x8 and 50x8 on the flat bench, followed by the same on the incline.

It would have also been better if I did 50kgx8, 45kgx8 and 40kgx8 on the cgbp.

I should have done some assisted dips at that stage, something like 20kg assist, 25kg assist and 30kg assist for example.

After this, some press-ups would have been good, then my tricep exercises.

Back to the drawing board with that one I think.

Kind regards,

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom