*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'm 5.6" and 87kg right now, should I have another meal or increase my snacks?

Or just eat a little more, I can't imagine that it'll have a vast effect either way.

On another note I have DOMS in parts of my back that I didn't know I could get DOMS and I have more back work to look forward to tomorrow. However I'm planning on entering a food coma afterwards after eating my own bodyweight in Chinese food :).

Soldato
Alright the school gym is a bit pants so I'm gonna keep my DBs around but focus more on strength goals than weight or appearance. First build up to one arm pressups then one arm pullups, stuff like that to keep it interesting.

Soldato
Soldato
I was actually being serious! It stands to reason that a smaller person will require a smaller amount of calories to bulk or cut. There's a short guy that posts on here every now and again, and he's stated that he bulks on a smaller amount of calories because of his size :)

Soldato
well i am 5'7 3/4" so not massively bigger then the manlet that is fallen god, 1300 cals is way to low, at my lowest point of my cut i was on 1800 cals a day, started out on about 2500! so yeap to loose weight while maintaining any kinda muscle, your way to low on cals.

I would suggest you make it really simple, and have lots of chicken (100g) and brown rice(50g pre cooked weight) 3 times during the day, ditch the tuna snack and yogurt, do you would look something like this

Breakfast: as is, maybe add the protein to your oatmeal (after heating ;)) instead of having a seperate shake
Morning snack: Chicken and rice
lunch: chicken and rice
afternoon snack: chicken and rice
post work out: shake and banana
Dinner: as is

you could interchange the rice with wholemeal pasta for a bit of a difference, you could also have a tuna salad (use the whole tin man!!) in place of chicken and rice. Bottom line is you have plenty of room to eat more. If you like sweet things, add in some fruit along the way

Man of Honour
All this adds up to 1310 Calories, and 41% protein, 40% crabs, 15% fat, which I think is a lot better then before.

Really trying to keep out anything with sugar and trying to keep the carbs as low as I can.
I'd go to the Dr's about those persistent crabs ;):p

Isn't 5'6" pretty small? Can't be needing the same amount of kcals as a real man anyway? :p

Don't hate on those of us who can't reach the top shelves :mad::(

Soldato
I have moved today, and now need to find a new gym. There is not a great deal of choice in my local area.
I have a few options. The local council swimming pool, Fitness First, Roko, or quite a bit further a field a Puregym.

Having been a member of a 24hr cheap gym, I'm happy to be no frills for a cheap price. Fitness first offend me a little, it looks like my best option as I would have a partner in crime to go with, but they want £28quid a month for a very basic gym on a year contract.

Does anyone use FF and how much are they paying. Is there a particular way to blag these con-artists into giving me a cheaper deal without sticking me to you a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom