*** The 2013 Gym Rats Thread ***

Soldato
There's a guy at the gym that annoys me so much. Ok, makes me jealous.

Guy does absolutely 0 leg work, but is unbelievably genetically gifted. Absolutely massive chest and arms even though he does every day as chest day :(

If he did legs he would be gigantic! As it is he's pretty huge....

kd

Man of Honour

Guy does absolutely 0 leg work, but is unbelievably genetically gifted. Absolutely massive chest and arms even though he does every day as chest day :(

kd

I was waiting for you to say everyday is chest but he has massive legs to.
As you didn't I agree with Skill :p

Soldato

kd

tumblr_mbrb0yL4FI1r9q39go1_400.gif

Soldato
Im having some issues with my shoulder workout. Im gonna have to mixup my routine or something.

The last two weeks Ive been suffering major cramping/burning pain down the backs of my shoulders. Rear delt inover.

Its stopped me dead in my tracks. I basically come off my Facepulls then within a few minutes the burn kicks in and its horrendous. I cant lift weights to do front raises because of the pain. It must be the order of exercises I think.

Hanging from a chinup bar eases the pain, and its eased off now that Ive left gym. Weird :(

Caporegime
You said he was genetically gifted for having a big chest when all he trains is chest. How can you not see the problem here?

Stop caring so much about other people :rolleyes:

This!

I completely ignore what people do in the gym now, I see bigger guys in the gym doing stuff I would never do (upright rows, multiple (multiple) bis).

Doesn't bother me anymore, where I used to think I needed to do more what they did. Then FF/LiE post pics and it makes me feel better again ;)

Man of Honour

kd

I don't really believe that you need to do legs to get big. You see tonnes of guys with big upper bodies and small legs. Does training your legs also train your upper body and arms? Yeah, but only to an extent. You grow in proportion too, but to extents. Obviously its good to train everyhing, but I think the whole 'you must squat for big arms' is more bravado than anything else.

Now I'm going to curl in a cage. Hurr!

Associate
Pretty much taken gordy's guide.

I literally can't up my weights when I am not even lifting that much.

Like for DB Chest Press I top out at 18kg each arm. I've been trying to lift 20kg but to no avail.

Soldato
Trained calves in line with the DC protocol yesterday, 5 second negative, 15 second deep stretch, explosive concentric. One set, 10 reps.

The worst DOMS, I get from training, are by far in my calves, the stretch has helped combat them some what, walking is fine but dorsi flexion reminds me they are there. Quite deep and high up in the calve towards the back of the knee. I'll be stretching & rolling them most of this evening.

Having not been regularly training them it's to be expected!

Anybody else suffer horrendous calf DOMS?

Back
Top Bottom