*** The 2013 Gym Rats Thread ***

Permabanned
Thanks for that mate, I've noted it down on my iPod I'll be trying it for a month see how i get on :) It's defiantly something different that what I've been doing

Btw what does (BOR) Mean?

Thanks

a month? i said three years im not kidding.

BOR = Bent Over Row with a barbell. Single arm rows are pointless for new trainees, almost no one can get the engagment pattern right until they have very strong rear delts and back

Soldato
Thanks for that mate, I've noted it down on my iPod I'll be trying it for six months with a proper diet to see how I get on :) It's defiantly something different that what I've been doing

Btw what does (Bent Over Row) Mean?

Thanks

I've changed the important parts to your post.

I've never done incline or decline BB bench.

Only bench 140kg :(

Only 140... Bro, do you even lift? ;)

kd

Man of Honour
you understand tho scott, im not trying to give anyone the perfect routine, im trying to give the absolute, base, simplest, most no frills program that would lead to better gains than 80% of uncoached trainers on the planet.

After those 3 years, well then you get into all the other crap, mostly the crap you go on about ;) (im aware its valuable crap)
I understand and agree completely! I can discern the general rules you are following, and they're the ones I would advocate too. Sets and reps pacify my OCD too. The only thing that could go wrong is if he didn't put the work in...

I was only referencing your suggestion to alternate weekly, which is valid, it's just that it isn't what I'd do :)

Permabanned
I understand and agree completely! I can discern the general rules you are following, and they're the ones I would advocate too. Sets and reps pacify my OCD too. The only thing that could go wrong is if he didn't put the work in...

I was only referencing your suggestion to alternate weekly, which is valid, it's just that it isn't what I'd do
i like it as a BB simply cos it lets me hit more angles without smashing multiple compounds in a single session, which in un-juiced athletes is not beneficial imo

Caporegime
Not really the point, I'm sure plenty of the more experienced members will have done exactly as UE said in his first three years. Even if they won't necessarily admit it. The key difference probably was they didn't have access to the information that mr cola does.

The reason most people follow what UE suggested in their first three years is because that's the general stuff that's stuck out there, with stuff like MH and similar giving you different 4 week life changing systems, which means you have no consistency to your routine, or you end up sticking every single exercise they recommend into a single routine.

This forum provides a nice array of information for people to feed on that if they follow will do them very well. I'm even more than happy to admit that some people will wane in concentration and focus. That happens to the best of people, and all people. But if you say 'I want to make a change' at least try making a change in the best way possible with the best information available to you, rather than asking for advice and then ignoring it.

kd

Just noticed that came across as a dig, I was merly being nosey.

I agree, but then the internet is a big place and it's easy to get lost in the 'correct' programme.

Soldato
you know i still know people been training over 10 years who consider 130 a monstrous bench. Putting that 162.5 on my Facebook has actually given me gym celebrity status round here. Its easy to forget what typical joe thinks is big

Oh god. I'm sure people realised that I was joking (at least I hope so)

I overheard some guys at the gym the other day speaking in awe at the guy who deadlifted lifted all the 'proper' olympic weights we have at our gym (170kg with bar - it's plenty more without, but anyway), and in the back of my head I kind of went 'psht' that's nothing. Now, a 170 DL isn't massive massive, but it did remind me that the perspective we get from Ice, Lie, Dom and yourself (in no particular order [and all the others to]) does tend to vastly skew our opinion of what 'big' is.

Just noticed that came across as a dig, I was merly being nosey.

I agree, but then the internet is a big place and it's easy to get lost in the 'correct' programme.

Fair enough, I misinterpreted, apologies. But yeah, the correct program is a bit of an issue :( But then, as UE just pointed out, people are lifting massive amounts here, and willing to share. Correct works for me in that perspective. I know there's some people that lift massive and recommend ****, but you get the idea - it's more of an intimate community here rather than some guy said some **** on the internet

kd

Permabanned
but it did remind me that the perspective we get from Ice, Lie, Dom and yourself (in no particular order [and all the others to]) does tend to vastly skew our opinion of what 'big' is.

kd

lol dont compare me to those three, what they manage, natty, blows my mind. Those three should be seen as the pinnacle of what any gym goer could hope to achieve (again naturally) in this sport, anyone who surpasses them is gifted plain and simple.

Ill surpass them, ill probably make them look weak and small ultimately. But nothing will change the fact that they are who most people should aspire to be. To be like me you dont aspire to be like me, you aspire to something much greater.

Man of Honour
Are you saying you want the three of us to join you and Delvis on your date?

But yeah, you'll be outlifting everyone here soon. Probably even within the year.

Soldato
Lads,

Thanks to those of you who provided diet/training advice in my CKD thread. I'm off to see the Doc tomorrow and if my hand is ready to go my new training regime will commence on Tuesday. I never thought I'd get so excited about being able to train again!

Just wanted your opinion one last time, just to save me the hassle of learning from my mistakes.

I'm doing IF, an 8 day cycle with 4 training sessions - so initially I won't rest for more than 2 days. Aim is to lean mass.

Macros: (-10/+20) Rest/Workout 25/75 - 75/25 (Carb/Fat)

Going to train, in this order, Chest, Legs, Shoulders, Back. I really want to build up my shoulders hence why I'm giving them their own session. Going to alternate each cycle between regular training and RPT - so I know from the regular training what my strongest lift is.

So does this sound doable to you lot or am I going to be in calorie surplus too much of the time to make it a lean mass. I could have course increase the cycle length to 10 but then I would be leaving a long gap between training each muscle group. Thoughts?

Cheers

Soldato
To be honest, once I can 1RM 100 for Bench, I'll be happy. Beyond that I'll be wanting to work much more on explosiveness, or even repping 100 and doing it for volume, but above that I have no huge incentive to go for anything larger.

That said, for those who want to, and do achieve greater, all respect to them.

kd

Back
Top Bottom