icecolds Mobilty Thread
Steedies Diet and Macros Thread
Form guide and discussion
Post your bodies up boys, Bodybuilders Pics Thread
Home Gym Thread
mrthingyx's Clean And Jerk Guide
Sports Arena Competition/Event Calendar

That time of the year again!

New year, new thread! Time to get motivated and plot your PB's and gains goals for the year ahead.

If you need any ideas or advice, or if you're new and just starting out, then you're in the right place my fellow gym rats!

To 2016!!

Associate
Starting the new year with inflammation in one knee and other knee is not working properly due to compensating. I've spent the past two weeks with both knees in bandages and using my trusty walking stick. Apparently it'll take another week or two of rest to go back to normal. Can't wait to get back to training again.

Associate
I have officially been lifting for 2 years now and still have not reached my goals of:
100kg bench
140kg DL

I've been doing the big 3 pretty much the whole 2 years too, just been held back by not wanting to gain too much weight, doing a few months of cutting, bicep tendonitis and generally not eating enough for a lot of that time to make constant progress.

Feels bad seeing lots of newbs on bb.com with much higher numbers after only a few months lifting :(

Hopefully I'll have a better year this year with regards to gym.

Man of Honour
I have officially been lifting for 2 years now and still have not reached my goals of:
100kg bench
140kg DL

I've been doing the big 3 pretty much the whole 2 years too, just been held back by not wanting to gain too much weight, doing a few months of cutting, bicep tendonitis and generally not eating enough for a lot of that time to make constant progress.

Feels bad seeing lots of newbs on bb.com with much higher numbers after only a few months lifting :(

Hopefully I'll have a better year this year with regards to gym.

What sort of condition are you in at the minute bf/lean mass wise?

Sometimes you've just got to eat MOAR and accept a slight rise in bf.

Soldato
Really need to make 2016 work for me. Time to be positive, no excuses, crush the weight gained, stop wobbling and do something! 2016 goals - look a little more like I lift

Associate
What sort of condition are you in at the minute bf/lean mass wise?

Sometimes you've just got to eat MOAR and accept a slight rise in bf.

I'm 5'10 and 73kg/161lbs. I used the Navy calculator online and I think I am about 16%BF. My 32" jeans are too baggy, so I guess I should be 31". Twice I've reached 78kg but then my wife complains about my weight, so I ended up cutting again.

I was actually on a great bulk of 2kg per month until 2/3 months ago when I got bicep tendonitis and I had to take a break from gym and I had to stop doing bench and back squats since they aggrevated my injury.

Ideally I was hoping to hit 80kg then cut, but the injury really screwed things up for me. Started bulking again last week since my arm seems to be OK now, so I'm doing 5/3/1 without bench (just squats, DL and OHP as long as my arm doesn't flare up). Doing DB bench press along with rows and facepulls as my only accessories due to time constraints.

Actually my main reason for running 5/3/1 as a beginner is time. Doing a 3x5 program just takes too long if I have to do 2 main lifts in 1 session since I have to take long breaks between sets. With 5/3/1 I can finish the whole lift with practically no downtime and then I do something like first set last for more volume, so I spend more time lifting and less time sitting around.

Associate
I'm 5'10 and 73kg/161lbs. I used the Navy calculator online and I think I am about 16%BF. My 32" jeans are too baggy, so I guess I should be 31". Twice I've reached 78kg but then my wife complains about my weight, so I ended up cutting again.

Eat more. A lot more.

I'm 5'9 and I weigh about 80kg and don't look like I work out apparently.

Associate
Eat more. A lot more.

I'm 5'9 and I weigh about 80kg and don't look like I work out apparently.

That's always the plan but then the missus starts ribbing me and I look in the mirror and think "Yeah, damn I AM fat!" and I think if I cut I will look ripped, but then I just look like a skinny non-lifting bar steward. :mad:

Will try keep at it this time and hit some decent numbers this year. Feels weird not doing flat bench though. Been scared off it since I don't want to get injured again. For the past 2 months I've only done front squats and deadlifts every session (doing low bar back squats really hurt my arm since I have to put my arm behind me to hold the bar in place). All this on a cut too, so my DL has stayed the same or maybe even weaker (best I pulled was 125kg x 5).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom