*** The 2016 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I sense people are liking this fun bench malarkey - something to do more of next year? Monthly silly challenges? Like squat your body weight or this bench thing or 200 press ups as fast as possible? As a solo lifter this really appeals to me. In a similar vein does anyone else fancy doing a 31st Dec 1RM test on the big three to round out the year?

Associate
Im looking at getting an adjustable width squat rack with bench press facility for the small room, im thinking i could get away with a 5 foot oly bar, only thing is ive never used one and dont know if there would be enough room between my grip and racking it.

Soldato
Might try a 50% body weight bench AMRAP in a minute tomorrow morning when the gym's empty - I'd be content with 25 at 50kg but it may be a struggle!

Hit 25 exactly in a minute, not sure I would have had another one in me! Bar to chest each rep and about 18 feet of bar travel per rep.

Edit: turned in to a decent shoulders, chest and tris session - I'm no longer feeling restricted by my surgery, time to start logging again

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting low bar rack with high bar knee travel...

I've never noticed that before. I did start with high bar when I first picked up a barbell a few years ago but switched to low-bar after someone convinced me it would be better.

Should I trying to sit back more and flexing more at the hips? Or is it not a big deal?...

Associate
Do they make 5' Oly bars?! My 6' is fine for my bench but is the limit of smallness for my Cf415 rack

It was the CF415 I was going to buy, Powerhouse also do 5 foot bars, and thought I could maybe get away with it as the CF415 is width adjustable. Never used a 5 foot and was worried that by the time I grip it, there would be no room to rack it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom