*** The 2017 Gym Rats Thread ***

Associate
First squats of the year today funny enough, boy does your body forget quickly how not to hurt from them.

Amen, I had my first day back on the block reiyushin posted last August last night after a couple of months faffing about, front squats (still in smith machine) have left me with mega quad DOMS, walking with stiff legs all day today :D

Soldato
Amen, I had my first day back on the block reiyushin posted last August last night after a couple of months faffing about, front squats (still in smith machine) have left me with mega quad DOMS, walking with stiff legs all day today :D

Always the second day that it really hits me, i.e. today! That'll teach me to go on such long benders over Christmas ;)

Man of Honour

Equally, it is amazing how your body adapts. I can actually walk after the sessions 4-5 months in. Mega DOMS after many of the first sessions.

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw cross fit and bolted :D

Associate
Had a health check at the gym traded 1% of fat for some gains not too bad since I only really started to put some effort in before Christmas

Associate
Equally, it is amazing how your body adapts. I can actually walk after the sessions 4-5 months in. Mega DOMS after many of the first sessions.

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw cross fit and bolted :D

Heh, that can't come too soon, deadlifts day today and now my entire posterior chain is fried. Compressing the workouts into three days as I'm away for a long weekend coming up.
E: the DOMS doesn't even have the decency to wait til tomorrow

Soldato
I thought you were our resident cardio enthusiast, what's not to like about a 30 rep HIIT training session!? ;)

I do cardio but draw the line at crossfit, I have friends I'd like to keep. :p Has anyone seen that jawersize thing on Facebook? That's a parody isn't it? I don't believe it's real. My gym has got some 1.25 kg plates which is great for 5x5 progression but that look so dam ridiculous when doing squats and deadlifts. :D

Man of Honour
I do cardio but draw the line at crossfit, I have friends I'd like to keep. :p Has anyone seen that jawersize thing on Facebook? That's a parody isn't it? I don't believe it's real. My gym has got some 1.25 kg plates which is great for 5x5 progression but that look so dam ridiculous when doing squats and deadlifts. :D

I think anyone using the 1.25s look like they know what they are doing. I swear by those things!

Back
Top Bottom