Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to fit anaerobic exercise into my training. Right now I lift weights Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Is it a good idea to fit cardio work in between these days or should I do it on the same day as the weight training? More specifically I was hoping to train toward the one hundred pressup challenge, if I did this on the same day as weights then what day would be best? For example should I add it to the end of a leg day, upper body day, etc. Also, would this extra workout having any affect on bulking up as I am currently making steady progress and don't want to spoil it.

Thanks in advance.

Hey.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to fit anaerobic exercise into my training. Right now I lift weights Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Is it a good idea to fit cardio work in between these days or should I do it on the same day as the weight training? More specifically I was hoping to train toward the one hundred pressup challenge, if I did this on the same day as weights then what day would be best? For example should I add it to the end of a leg day, upper body day, etc. Also, would this extra workout having any affect on bulking up as I am currently making steady progress and don't want to spoil it.

Thanks in advance.

Adding an intense 15-20mins after a workout is fine if you can keep the intensity up. Else, going on your "off" days is also good. Whereas weights really rip your body to shreds, cardio whilst exhausting puts less strain on your body in general. Going for a long job will not affect your bulking - if it does, you're doing it wrong ;)

Welcome to the forums. :)

Wish are spines luck lol:D. Cant you squeeze a dumbbell between the two bars on the stack:confused:

hehe - yeh tell me about it! I might just stick an extra 5kg at first see how I get on with that!

Nah I can't fit the dumbell in between the vertical supports - I've tried. :(

I put mine in with my legs, I find it easier to work them on a day where I havent already been working on my upper body

Thanks mate that does seem fair.
I could do a 4 day split if needed as I live really close to the gym and dont have much else on at the moment. Mind you, I like to be somewhat fresh for football and tennis.

I tell the staff what to do usually :p

On a serious note, as long as I'm not putting others at risk I don't think they'd have an issue as long as it doesn't damage the equipment.

Haha, that's fair enough, how do you know how much weight these machines can take though?

Also, just had a shoulder session and I managed to get my military press up to 35 kg and shrugs to 60 :D The pump is pretty big too, I've been stomping round the house like the hulk for about 5 minutes, simple things for simple minds I suppose :o

IMO these gloves with wrist straps or anything that keep your wrists really rigid make problems like this worse. My friend wore some for a few months and his wrists lost soo much strength from being supported all the time he could hardly lift when he took them off.

i dont get how you can lose so much strength. you lift more and more as you progress, so your standard of grip should increase as well.

Because you can get these wrist straps so tight around your wrist that your wrists aren't doing anything just locked in straight.

EDIT: Just re-read that. I'm talking about those gloves with wrist wrap straps in not lifting straps, which maybe you are?

actually I found wrist straps quite useful, especially at benching. They helped me focused more on pushing the weight rather than the strain in my wrist. However I only used them for the heavy sets and gave them up after a few weeks, now I don't have any problem with my wrists although I'm pushing a lot more compared to then.

I think that's the key, to know when to stop using them and NOT by any means use them for all sets. Think the same goes for wearing a belt all the time, your lower back will actually get weaker and less used to weights, although you'll be able to lift more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom