Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No-Xplode isn't creatine though, although it has some in it, that's not what it is for, it's a primarily a stimulant

So you wouldn't have seen any creatine effects from taking xplode alone

I'm not trying to claim the size increases are anything but the water retention, but they are definitely there, and my arms and chest are where it's most noticeable. And my arms really have increased a lot, just a shame it's only while I'm on this stuff

Measure them now. Then remeasure a couple of week after you come off. If we have no size or weight figures then its just another "This stuff gets u hyoooogg" review :p
Glad it working for you though mate.

Has anyone tried incorporating any new exercises into there routine recently, that they wouldn't normally do and have really taken to them. New ones for me would be cable overhead triceps extensions, dumbbell pullovers, good mornings.

I discovered seated (as in flat on a bench) cable flies. They feel sooo much better than dumbbell ones without even the slightest strain on my shoulder. I like 'em. :D

A bit of a hybrid day today:

6 sets of 3xRC exercises.

I then though sod it, let's try some DB flat bench!

20x15kg
16x20kg
15x25kg
10x30kg
10x35kg
10x35kg
10x35kg

Felt really easy and absolutely no pain at all - I hope I don't regret it tomorrow, but still it was nice to do some chest work again.

I did some powercleans today too:

8x60kg
8x70kg
6x90kg
4x100kg
2x110kg
1x115kg (PB!!)
0x120kg (thought I'd give it a go)
DS: 6x60kg

Cable narrow grip row:

12x100kg
12x100kg
12x100kg
12x100kg
12x100kg

Wide grip seated static row:

10x65kg
10x75kg
8x85kg
8x95kg
7x100kg

It may sound odd to do so much back work after doing some chest and RC exercises, but I need to bias a lot of back work out to stop my shoulder rolling forward and to help strengthen the AC/RC joints. It's working well. I can't have a heavy bias on chest at the moment until I'm fixed.

15mins Rowing @ level 10

Feel gooooooood. :cool:

115kg power cleans god your a strong bugger. I've just squatted 115kg today for 5 that felt heavy, but to try and clean it, no chance, well maybe one day.

I did some skullcrushers on Thursday. I remember now why I have only done them once before, my left elbow was killing yesterday.

Bent over triceps extensions, Tank. Felt pretty good on my tri's.

I discovered seated (as in flat on a bench) cable flies. They feel sooo much better than dumbbell ones without even the slightest strain on my shoulder. I like 'em. :D

Very good:cool:, if it feels right do it. in the next few weeks I'm going to attempt a one rep max on deadlift over my current 220 klilos to 235. I'm not a great fan tbh but doing heavy good mornings should give me the edge;).

115kg power cleans god your a strong bugger. I've just squatted 115kg today for 5 that felt heavy, but to try and clean it, no chance, well maybe one day.

Small steps mate. :)

Very good:cool:, if it feels right do it. in the next few weeks I'm going to attempt a one rep max on deadlift over my current 220 klilos to 235. I'm not a great fan tbh but doing heavy good mornings should give me the edge;).

Aye I'm going to try and push over my 220. I'm going to try for a 200kg squat in the next few weeks too.

Get some heavy dumbbells on those stacks you know you want to lol, good lifting.

If I could find a way of attaching it I would!! :(

I've been looking at taking omega 3 caps for improvements in my skin and health, are these http://www.myprotein.co.uk/capsules-tablets-softgels/omega-3-and-fish-oils/omega-3/ similar to what the rest of you take? Also I've been working out how much my food bill costs (thankfully I live with my parents and they pay for it) and I wouldn't be able to support my food bill if I left home to go to uni (probably would if I had a job... :( ).

http://www.bulksupplementsdirect.co.uk/khxc/gbu0-prodshow/Omega_3_Fish_Oils_3312.html
Even higher values of DPA EHA than simplysupplements, and typically next day delivery.
I have a discount code if anyone wants it. :)

I take it the higher values mean a higher concentration? Also if just taking regular omega 3 tablets would 2 a day be enough or does it need to be a high amount, eg 6 a day (which would be pretty costly :( )? I'm mainly looking at it for improvements in skin and I've read this http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/features/want-healthy-skin-feed-well?page=4 but I already follow most of these apart from I dont drink tea or use much olive oil, so I might try the olive oil.

Triceps are killing me tonight, can only imagine what they are going to be like tomorrow.

Thats me in the new gym 3 times now and have went over most of the main lifts that I will be doing.

Back down tomorrow to talk to the owner about a starting plan - very impressed with the place so far, its a really small 'mans' gym with mostly free weights and a few machines. The cardio is a skipping rope and a sign pointing to the great outdoors (for the moment). So far on the three nights Ive been down I have been paired with 3 different guys who work out there who have shown me different lifts and explained all the processes very well. Then helped me get a grip on what I can lift, and bombared me with tips on what I can be working on.

I think I will be doing a three day split, back and tris, legs, then back and tri's going monday to friday (mon, wed, fri) as I play football on sunday and tuesday and would like the use of my legs for that. But as I say, will be down talking to the owner and trainer tomorrow.

I am looking to drop as much fat as possible over the next year (not wanting to set unrealistic goals such as a holiday i have in 7 weeks (a noticible difference by then would be kind mind)) or so, then start adding on as much muscle as possible.
I am looking for a strong and athletic build, as opposed to my flabby 93KG build at the moment.

Anyone got any suggestions on what would be best? I am thinking big compounds coupled with 2 games of five a side, 2 games of tennis and 1 or 2 games of squash each week should see me drop weight and fat quite well if I eat properly (will be going on a eating plan set out by my trainer once he assesses what I currently eat and when)

Anyway will be looking to stick some 'starting' pics up tomorrow, but they wont be my real starting as ive dropped about 10kg in the last 2 months as I was quite ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom