Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to look up the Bent-over pull downs, I have never seen anyone doing them. If you did them like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ3wMIPfQ64 didn't it pull you over at 100k?
Good volume in there though, I wouldn't fancy doing many wide grip chins in that first superset ^^.

The 'gay fitness community' bit made me laugh, couldn't really take it seriously after that.

I used 2 hands, and no it didn't pull me over, I weigh the same :p

I didn't really puke, but I felt bloody nauseated after! :D

I don't always do DLs on a back day, besides i did some on Thursday I don't over do DLs as it takes a while to recover from them.,

Leg day yesterday and it was my best one yet, hit 40 kg on the split squats which I'm pretty happy with. Have to say I had a cracking headache afterwards and it can't have been dehydration because when I'm working out I drink so much water I have to wee every 20 minutes :o

Leg day yesterday and it was my best one yet, hit 40 kg on the split squats which I'm pretty happy with. Have to say I had a cracking headache afterwards and it can't have been dehydration because when I'm working out I drink so much water I have to wee every 20 minutes :o

How much water though? I can get through half a gallon on leg days quite easily, but my training partner has 1-2 pints and nearly always has a headache (not strictly from training though ;))

Erm normally about 5 to 6 pints, I'm not really sure what that is in gallons but, I tend to drink a lot between each set just so I can keep up the workload. Could I be over hydrating or is that something I've just made up in my head? :confused::p

I think half is about 4 pints?, not entirely sure. 6 pints would be hydrated enough anyway. I don't really know about "over hydrating" mate, but just had a quick google and although this article seems very unscientific "Drinking too much water can eventually cause your brain to swell, stopping it regulating vital functions such as breathing, and causing death." It does seem to say drinking too much too fast will cause problems with your brain. I'll try and have a better look.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6263029.stm

I think half is about 4 pints?, not entirely sure. 6 pints would be hydrated enough anyway. I don't really know about "over hydrating" mate, but just had a quick google and although this article seems very unscientific "Drinking too much water can eventually cause your brain to swell, stopping it regulating vital functions such as breathing, and causing death." It does seem to say drinking too much too fast will cause problems with your brain. I'll try and have a better look.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6263029.stm

Oh dear, perhaps I should tone it down a bit :eek: Hope I don't die :( Maybe stick to 4 pints from now on. The thing about the red blood cells exploding is particularly scary, although I never felt unable to get my breath.

The only real way you can drink so much water it leads to those sort of severe problems is while under the influence of something like extacsy which allows you to be able to drink much more than your body can get rid of, in a normal healthy human you would be weeing like a race horse well before any damage can be done

The only real way you can drink so much water it leads to those sort of severe problems is while under the influence of something like extacsy which allows you to be able to drink much more than your body can get rid of, in a normal healthy human you would be weeing like a race horse well before any damage can be done

Indeed, just remember to go to the toilet...Reminds me of that radio competition where someone died trying to win a wii....by holding there wee in for long as possible while downing god knows how many litres.

Swelling of the brain after drinking too much water is what actually kills the majority of people who die after taking ecstasy. Fun fact for your sunday afternoons there.

Indeed, just remember to go to the toilet...Reminds me of that radio competition where someone died trying to win a wii....by holding there wee in for long as possible while downing god knows how many litres.

Haha that's crazy, also it doesn't really seem well suited to the radio format? Could cheat quite easily?

Haha that's crazy, also it doesn't really seem well suited to the radio format? Could cheat quite easily?

Indeed, was a tad hard to comprehend, think it was american though...dunno though.

EDIT:

Jennifer Strange, a 28-year-old mother of three, died on January 12 after drinking almost two gallons of water while taking part in a giveaway contest

Strange finished second among 18 contestants, and complained that her head hurt and she felt lightheaded when dropping out of the contest. Hours later, she died of water intoxication

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0125073wii1.html

Remember kids, don't hold your wee in now!

Last edited:
Freefaller, please don't read this post :p you'll shout at me!

So I got a good deal on some N.O-Xplode and Cellmass the other week, being very skeptical about creatine after using it last time and seeing pretty much nothing in terms of strength or size gains, except massive amounts of bloat, I thought I'd give this stuff a go with the expectation of again, seeing no results

How wrong I was!

First off, so ok the N.O-Xplode is the least impressive of the two products, but it still immense. Gives you such a kick up the bum for your workouts, first week I took it, I was pretty much super setting everything, I just couldn't sit still after I'd finished, I just had so much energy. It also tastes really good, which is surprising given the sickly green colour it turns. Finally, there is no caffeine crash with this. I was expecting to go from loads of energy and upbeat, to a tired mess, but it's such a gradual come down, you don't even notice it

Onto the Cellmass. Now I took this, first week, I saw nothing, "here we go" I thought, same old with Creatine. However, I carried on taking it on my off days as it says, and by Monday the next week, I was starting to feel a lot bigger and noticed during that second week, my last sets were a lot more comfortable than usual, and I was able to add those extra 2 reps on to the end if I wanted. By the end of the second week, and wow, I feel huge, and remember I'm a huge Creatine skeptic, but this still actually has added a lot of size, even if it is only the water retention. My arms are noticeably bigger if I flex

And so far, no bloat!

I might not buy the Xplode again as I can see your body getting used to it very quickly, but I'm seriously considering making the Cellmass a regular part of my routine

I read reviews online first and thought that it must be a case of it being just another placebo product, but the reviews really do speak the truth, it's fantastic

How much difference has it made? Have you gained 1/4 of an inch or so on biceps for instance? Just interested, as I'm not sure if I'd bother with it otherwise. Been contemplating creatine for a while now.

I haven't taken measurements in months so wouldn't be able to tell you that. But I'd say looking at them alone, I would say 1/4 of an inch would certainly not be out the question

I think the area that has seen the biggest gains though is my chest, my pecs just feel a lot more firm and appear much bigger

1/4 inch on your biceps in 2 weeks? No. I had a week of no x-plode not too long after I started and like you say it does give you some energy but I haven't felt the need to bother with it at all since.
I do take creatine monohydrate though. Some people seem to react pretty well to it and others don't so just try it. I think the main thing with creatine (like any sup) is to not become dependant on it. Many people I know get into the mentality that they can't lift or lose a lot of size if they don't take it which isn't the case its just in their mind.

No-Xplode isn't creatine though, although it has some in it, that's not what it is for, it's a primarily a stimulant

So you wouldn't have seen any creatine effects from taking xplode alone

I'm not trying to claim the size increases are anything but the water retention, but they are definitely there, and my arms and chest are where it's most noticeable. And my arms really have increased a lot, just a shame it's only while I'm on this stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom