Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
damn I shouldn't have clicked on that link after my dinner :(.

Edit: And yet I still went back for more, hoping the original post I saw was trolling. I was wrong :(.

I did the same, they are all like that :(

I think we should get their biggest peeps and the biggest body builders of this forum and see who wins in a series of contests, obviously team OcUK would woop those lardy weirdos. Well except for at the bombing competition.:p

This thread explains why they want to be fat

http://www.bigguts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226

It seems for the most part its because everyone around them is fat and that they get some kind of sexual or psychological kick from it :eek:.

edit, this bit is just plain stupid :
Why do you want a gut in the first place? I feel strong and powerful with a gut. I love the way it protrudes out from in front of me, no way to hide it from view. My dad has a big gut and I want to be bigger than him.

Last edited:
Having weighed myself for the first time since early April I've found I've gained ~10lbs. I went from 180lbs to 190lbs in around nine weeks. Does this figure seem alright for someone who is starting out?

I think I'm genuinely starting to hate fat people... the way they waddle about sooooooooooooo slowly, especially when you need to get past them or something. Everyone in this world just moves so damn slowly!

Edit: sorry for the fat derail by the way.

I think I'm genuinely starting to hate fat people... the way they waddle about sooooooooooooo slowly, especially when you need to get past them or something. Everyone in this world just moves so damn slowly!

Edit: sorry for the fat derail by the way.

Agreed, and how they break into a sweat at the simplist of tasks and breathe heavily, I don't think I hate them, more the state they have gotten themselves into, I petty them more than anything.

However, I do feel a genuine sense of dislike towards this strange group of people that finds pleasure in abusing their bodies and more over in planting these sorts of seeds of thought in young impressionable people via the internet.

It's not right.

Whats the cheapest place to get 5kg of unflavoured whey (I'll prob. add a teaspoon of chocolate powder into it)? I was looking at myprotein and its £40 for 5kg, or £48 for 5kg flavoured + a 5% discount for first purchase and £4 delivery so £44.
IIRC christi said he got 5kg unflavoured for £35?

Last edited:
bulkpowders.co.uk
5kg unflavored for £34.99. 80% whey protein concentrate instantised with higher protein content(sth like 1-2% :D) than myprotein.
been using for a while with a half a teaspoon of cocoa thrown in with excellent results, mixes well and doesn't taste bad at all either.

Don't you just hate it when you on fail on something just beyond your control?

I hit 150kg on deadlift for 2 reps with ease (previous record was 150 for 1) then went on to 155kg made it above half way until the grip just kept giving in on the left hand . . I attempted it 3 times!

After that the guys in the gym were like better luck next time you were very close on the last rep. Ah well - just have to try harder :)

I've moving back to Sheffield in 2 weeks and I'm committing to 5x5 program, looking forward to it :D

Broke a number of PB's today inc military press - very pleased!

anyone ever use powerbags?

seen a couple of people in local gym throwing around a 20-35kg bags in some kind of cardio / weight circuit. Looked fun and hardwork using it similar to a medicine ball but heavier

Ahh this 'strongman' stuff is hard work but really fun. We've got concrete lintels with 'custom handles' on now so we can do the farmers walk. What we really want now is a log for some pressing.

anyone ever use powerbags?

seen a couple of people in local gym throwing around a 20-35kg bags in some kind of cardio / weight circuit. Looked fun and hardwork using it similar to a medicine ball but heavier

When I'm doing circuits, I sometimes shoulder a 30kg punchbag as a finisher. i.e. lift it from the floor onto one shoulder, drop and repeat on the other shoulder for as many reps as I can manage. Bloomin sore the next day!

I have recently started going to the gym regularly, say 3-4 times a week. I split up my routine pretty well I think.

I normally do chest inclines at around 30degrees would this be about right, as I have noticed people doing them at higher and lower settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom