Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think my session on Monday caught up with me today. Did my bench and inclines as well as a few crappy exercises then lost interest and went home. Possibly mental fatigue rather than physical fatigue. I knew switching from comics to adult books would overload my brain :(

Bench Press
80K x 10
95K x 10
110K x 10

Calf Raises
160K x 20
160K x 20

Incline Dumbbell Press
32.5K x 10
37.5K x 10
42.5K x 10

Weighted Crunches
30K x 10
30K x 10

Think my session on Monday caught up with me today. Did my bench and inclines as well as a few crappy exercises then lost interest and went home. Possibly mental fatigue rather than physical fatigue. I knew switching from comics to adult books would overload my brain :(

Bench Press
80K x 10
95K x 10
110K x 10

Calf Raises
160K x 20
160K x 20

Incline Dumbbell Press
32.5K x 10
37.5K x 10
42.5K x 10

Weighted Crunches
30K x 10
30K x 10

Still, a good effort.

I'm not in the rite mind set today for some reason for my leg session today...its just hurting too much for some naff reason...

So I'm going to do it tomorrow hopefully and push Friday's session to Saturday.

First set of squats since November yesterday (laying off them after I started getting knee pain) as I've felt no pain at all for the past couple of weeks and all felt good again.

Over did it, knee swelled up, cue more RICE and probably no more squats for the foreseeable future. Think it's time to go visit the physio. :(

I'm taking those Omega 3 triple strength caps, I was only taking 1 a day as per the dosage instructions however I'm now going to ramp this up.

2 in the morning,
1 around 6
2 before bed.

There shouldn't be any problems with that should there?

Last edited:
O.k....Going to try and do my legs today even though my knee still feels dodgey :(....I missed it yesterday, and I don't want to get lazy.

Probably going to wear my support though.

Personally I'd give legs a rest until your pain disappears, why not bring forward the next split of your routine?

I guess....I don't do heavy weights at the moment anyway....So it's only a few extra Kg's when doing squats and lunges...But I guess I could miss it till next week.

It's going to stop me doing what I want to do in the future, I can see it coming :(...I'm just sitting here and I can feel it niggling away now!

Only other thing I have to do today is shoulder's....So I could give them a decent seeing to.

Got yet another blasted cold today. Hit the gym last night for the first time in two weeks due to a back problem, and just as I walked into the gym I felt that giveaway tickle at the back of my nose. By the time I finished it felt like someone has kicked me in the face.

Hopefully I'll recover quickly.

Still, got these in before feeling too ill to carry on:

Warmups were mainly focused on shoulders. Rotations with 4kg in each hand etc.

Flat bench:
10x60
8x80
8x80
10x60
10x60

Defo going to try 90 next time :)

Bent over flies:
10x10
10x10
10x10

Front raises:
10x10
10x10
10x10

Assisted pullups (weights are the weight to assist, I'm 115kg):
10x45
10x40
10x40

Back extensions:
10xBW
10xBW
10xBW
10xBW
(Will add a plate next time)

Hammer Curls (weight is listed as each hand):
10x16
10x16
10x18
10x18

If by some miracle I'm well by tomorrow, I'll be doing some DL's and Squats for the first time. :) Else it'll be Monday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom