Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Sorry mate I thought I had moved it... don't know what happened?! :o

How much do you weigh, and I presume they are 1000mg capsules? What's the DHA and EPA concentration? 10 a day might be a bit excessive, and it's important to spread it out throughout the day and after food - no point in taking them on an empty stomach as it won't be absorbed as readily.

Don't worry about it :D

I got these:
http://www.simplysupplements.net/product/103/omega-3-1000mg/

180/120. However you get 360 for £10 so I thought I could just have more of them :o

I'll try a few less then, and have them after meals :) cheers.

Makanouchi you don't want to take more than the recommended of Cod liver as it has vitamin A in high quantities, and too much is toxic. For lots you want omega 3 or fish oil, not the liver oil.

Man of Honour
OP
Had a Thai massage last night.. proper elbows/knees/feet into muscles job. Best £30 I ever spent and I seriously recommend it to anyone who has DOMs or tight muscles. Hell I recommend it to anyone regardless. :cool:

http://www.siambeauty.co.uk/massage.htm
They're pretty good I go to one on Lavender Hill near where I work.

Having a proper deep tissue massage at my physio clinic next week. Can't wait! :D

Man of Honour
OP
All I can say is be ready for PAIN!

Yes lots of it. I've had them before, my usual physio turned up and I said to her wow, I didn't realise you did them as well, to which she said, no no, I can't give you a deep tissue massage you need someone with more strength to be effective on your back!

I was both really happy by that comment but also somewhat apprehensive - so I had a bloke phyiso do it, but my God I was close to crying like a girl! :D

Soldato
For those doing the 5x5's how are you getting on with it?

Friday is the big day for 1.5Xbw.

Today I did 102.5kg for squats and I'm really starting to feel it. I'm not used to the volume! The OHP was challenging today at 47.5KG. I have a feeling that I might not make the sets some time next week either at 50-52.5, time will tell.

I'm still having a fairly tough time with bulking, I'm not used to the 'always full' feeling. It's one big marathon, just have to stick with it. And boy do oats make you poo often! :eek:

Soldato
Loving it for squats. That rep range really suits my muscles. I get on much better with 5x5 than say 3x8+, especially for legs. They feel similar to when the fifth rep of a 100kg to when I get to the 8th of my warm up set of 60kg :/

It helped me overcome my 100kg plateau too. I had been stuck on 100kg for reps for months and it didn't seem to get easier (3x8), but with 5x5 for a couple of weeks on 100kg I can now add in 3-4 of the 5 sets at 110kg, and today did a PB squat of 120kg, to proper depth. Definitely couldn't do 1.5bw (120kg) for 5x5 yet though! :p

I don't fancy pushing heavier as I'm doing it unspotted and not in a cage (crap free weights section.. better at uni though as there's a power cage or 10 :p ). Still I can squat deep much easier at the 100kg mark since starting this.

I've also tried it for DB bench, and although I hadn't been doing them for ages, it does again suit my muscles better imo, and I feel like I'm making progress.

Associate
Right stuck with the dieting as long as I could (sitting about 11stone7lbs, 10% bodyfat earlier today). Clean bulking time baby woooooo!!!! All this talk of 5x5 is making me tempted to do it again for a month or two to get the numbers back up to respectable amounts.

Soldato
For those doing the 5x5's how are you getting on with it?

I'm usually doing a 5x5 routine which suits me fine :D
Tried upping the weight a little every week but starting to struggle on a few exercises to even add 2.5kg/5kg :(

Usually I then increase the number of reps at the weight I can't get past and within a week or two, I can just about squeeze out 5x5 at a very slightly higher weight

Associate
I'm still having a fairly tough time with bulking, I'm not used to the 'always full' feeling. It's one big marathon, just have to stick with it. And boy do oats make you poo often! :eek:

Im finding the same....really strugling at times and having to force food down with plenty of water.

Feel like Im always eating...although to be fare I probably am...cant keep my hands of my nuts. Owww errr misses!

And defo know what you mean about the oats aswell!!!

-G

Caporegime
I'm not trying to bulk as much as you guys, but I certainly find that if I am "always full" it simply means I am eating too much for what I am doing in the gym. So by that logic, do more or eat less. Preferably the former :p

dun

dun

Soldato
Doesn't work that way for some people unfortunately mate. It would most likely have a negative impact on my physique if I "did more" and definitely if I ate less. If you are naturally skinny then feeling full is just part of the long road to henchness :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom