Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not been around here in a while guys! You will be glad to know im still keeping up the training, bulking up all the while.

I feel my muscle growth has evened off quite a lot now and I find im not getting any bigger but getting stronger all the time. Just got a new 2.5kg batch of protein powder from myprotein to keep me going for a few more months.

The key I think is that I still enjoy doing it and its become a habit rather than a chure! (sp)

I havent measured in a while but afaik my upper arms are now ~ 18in diameter.

Now looking at focusing more on the cardio to lose some of the fat over the muscle ive gained to try and a. get up the cardio/fitness and b. to give myself more definition!

Whilst doing cardio (HIIT if you want to accelerate fat loss) make sure you keep the weights up and heavy and regular. :)

18 inch guns is mighty impressive, I'm just shy of that myself so well done!

Lots of meat, and I'll grill it if possible. If I am frying (say mince) I'll drain/strain it before adding anything else. If I'm having rice/pasta it'll be whole grain, and I'll have a bag of fruit on my desk at work for when I get the munchies. I don't monitor how much I'm eating.. I just eat as natural as I can, and just use my noggin about what is sensible and what will be unhealthy. Though I still have a beer gut and could lose fat quicker than I am doing so, I don't want to go the whole hog, get bored, then eat crap, so I'm not one to go by if you want to get really cut.

was thinking more along the lines of veg :p

i wouldnt know what to make with my chicken/rice other than peppers or boil brockley, but that means a new pan...

Last edited:
Broccoli
Carrots
Spinach
Peas
Green Beans

Anything remotely veggie is better than nothing :)

I have a steamer thingy that i can put into the microwave with a small bit of water in the bottom and it cooks veg within 3-4 mins no mess.

If you really can't be bothered to boil vegetables, just stick them in the microwave if you have to, better than nothing, then use the excess water to make some gravy or something to go as a sauce.

Oh, while I'm here....As anyone every brought 'Bran' in a bag before? I need to get some, but I can't really find any online =/...

I could pop to H&B's or something, but you know.

If you really can't be bothered to boil vegetables, just stick them in the microwave if you have to, better than nothing, then use the excess water to make some gravy or something to go as a sauce.

Oh, while I'm here....As anyone every brought 'Bran' in a bag before? I need to get some, but I can't really find any online =/...

I could pop to H&B's or something, but you know.

If i remember correctly, isn't over boiling vegetables the best way to get rid of all of the vitamins? Steaming is the best way imo.

was thinking more along the lines of veg :p

i wouldnt know what to make with my chicken/rice other than peppers or boil brockley, but that means a new pan...

Boiled potatoes :) Or sweet potato would be better. Doesn't sound like it would be tasty, but I love it.. and honestly I look at food as fuel these days anyway.. so I seem to enjoy it if I know it's good for me.

Also a dish I love is just chuck a load of sweet potatoes (halved) peppers (quartered) and aubergines in an oven tray with some chopped onion and maybe a bit of ginger, then baked for half an hour or so.

I normally boil potatoes in the bottom pan of a 3 sectioned set, the two above have holes in the bottom which lets the steam rise through to the veg I have in the top two pans. Put the lid on and let it steam the veg.

Perfect!

If i remember correctly, isn't over boiling vegetables the best way to get rid of all of the vitamins? Steaming is the best way imo.

Indeed steaming is the best way ,but he didn't mention steaming, so I was replying to that.

As I said above, I don't really have anything specific to steam veggies, so boiling will have to do for now untill I move out or something / buy my own steaming thang.

Oh I sorted my Bran thing out as well, so hey.

Did a PB today of 80Kg on Squats :) 4x8

Also did a PB of 70kg on Calf Raises 4x10

Really pleased with that and really feeling it now lol :p Walking down the stairs after lunch was fun

Did a PB today of 80Kg on Squats :) 4x8

Also did a PB of 70kg on Calf Raises 4x10

Really pleased with that and really feeling it now lol :p Walking down the stairs after lunch was fun

Walking? Your doing it wrong you should be crawling on your hands and knees.. :D

Haha only kidding, great job on the PB's.

No chance of going to the gym this morning, not just because I am still poorly, but there was a road accident which meant I was nearly 2 hours late :o

Squats and DL's on Monday will be fun, not least because to get out of the gym I'll need to climb 3 flights of stairs :D

I found the first few weeks I did my legs, they hurt for days after, but my body soon got used to it, now its just the next day they are still a bit sore but it soon goes

I'm wondering if now I've started a new routine and upped the weights it will be bad for a few days again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom