Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody started there don't worry about it m8 :)

Better to ask now than to find out the hard way about things later on :D

Indeed :) See, not as dumb as I look!

Although no ones seen a picture of me yet thank God...Saving that for when I actually have something to show :p

I've stuck mine up and I'm a big fat begger its all about being able to see your progress and have someone that doesnt know you tell you the truth.
Rather than your friends and family base their praise on how much they think it means to you weather your looking better or not

Last edited:
Not been around here in a while guys! You will be glad to know im still keeping up the training, bulking up all the while.

I feel my muscle growth has evened off quite a lot now and I find im not getting any bigger but getting stronger all the time. Just got a new 2.5kg batch of protein powder from myprotein to keep me going for a few more months.

The key I think is that I still enjoy doing it and its become a habit rather than a chure! (sp)

I havent measured in a while but afaik my upper arms are now ~ 18in diameter.

Now looking at focusing more on the cardio to lose some of the fat over the muscle ive gained to try and a. get up the cardio/fitness and b. to give myself more definition!

That could be an indication that your diet is not right? Or maybe you are overworking your chest and it's not actually DOMs you are feeling but strain?

probably could do with getting more fruit/veg in my diet... as well as more water

i never seem to bother with veg much... apart from 2/3 stirfrys a week where ill have peppers/onion/mushrooms/green beans/bean sprouts etc

what does everyone else eat + how do you cook it?

I've stuck mine up and I'm a big fat begger its all about being able to see your progress and have someone that doesnt know you tell you the truth.
Rather than your friends and family base their praise on how much they think it means to you weather your looking better or not

Hah, I guess...I'm taking pictures every so often and storing them for future reference...Soooo

I'll post some up eventually maybe...My problem is I'm quite skinny in the arm areas, always have been, yet my gut and thigh sort of area has always been on the more fatty side in comparison...Although I'm not fat at all :p It's weird.

I'm pretty self conscious sadly, but hey.

I've got to a point in certain exercises where I need heavier weights as well now...I just can't afford them at the moment though.

probably could do with getting more fruit/veg in my diet... as well as more water

i never seem to bother with veg much... apart from 2/3 stirfrys a week where ill have peppers/onion/mushrooms/green beans/bean sprouts etc

what does everyone else eat + how do you cook it?

Lots of meat, and I'll grill it if possible. If I am frying (say mince) I'll drain/strain it before adding anything else. If I'm having rice/pasta it'll be whole grain, and I'll have a bag of fruit on my desk at work for when I get the munchies. I don't monitor how much I'm eating.. I just eat as natural as I can, and just use my noggin about what is sensible and what will be unhealthy. Though I still have a beer gut and could lose fat quicker than I am doing so, I don't want to go the whole hog, get bored, then eat crap, so I'm not one to go by if you want to get really cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom