Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
OP
I just like to isolate my neck due to the fact I'm paranoid about being strangled lol, how weird am I.

Strange paranoia! But Understandable - how does training your neck stop you being strangled? Just by being too big to put hands around?

:eek: and I'll never be as fit as you :D.

Haha - you flatterer.

I took it the other way anyway ;)

Soldato
Self defense, a strong neck means if you've been put in a strangle hold like you see in MMA/UFC the chances are you can force your chin down therefore stopping them from restricting your airway.

Soldato
Gym here at home doesn't have the floors for proper deadlifts.

I'm thinking of doing suitcase deadlifts as they also do core and obliques(which my gf likes :p ). Anyone got experience/pointers for them?

dun

dun

Soldato
Cheers fella.

No? lol :p

This guy trains in the same gym:

6eee8a24.jpg

Clearly got nothing on me :D

Absolute monster. Doesn't Khan own a gym in Sheffield?

dun

dun

Soldato
Doing something similar is how I injured my knee (well sort of). I found that by lowering the weight so much you speed up execution at the detriment of form.

As you admit yourself the rep range didn't injure you, but poor form did. You can slack on form on 1 rep or 100 :) For me the whole point of higher reps is to really keep strict form and keep tight, really focus on the muscle.

Soldato
This threads epic im going to join in.

Im 6ft2 very broad, weight around 18.10- 19.0 been on a diet for pass few weeks, did a diet at college and lost 3.5 stone down from 18 to around 14 and half. But i went to uni afterwards and the only excercising was done on the dance floor and in bed, now in my second year and relying on this thread to keep me going on a cheap budget to cut.

Have lost around 9 pounds in 2 weeks not to bad but mainly water weight.

Going to have to ask for a regime soon.

Want to cut whilst retaing muscle and hopefully a few muscle gains looking for weight loss and definition and i measure 44 chest, 42 waist. Although the weight isnt on my hips its on belly. Will post pics up in a bit.

As you can see got a few stretches round the stomach and sides, I didnt realise i was getting big till these appeard one day.

Have just used that diet thing you lot are on, apparently i need 3300 cals a day.

So far ive eat 750 with 50g prot 13g of a fat 95g of carbs

Which is from chicken sandwhich in whole meal bread 4 slices, and later im having beans on toast later before work.

When i get in a bowl of cereal will probably fill me up ready for bed.

I cant see how i could possibly eat 3300 calories in a day, for a fattie Im not to hungry so really needing some guidance here.

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried a few chin ups with a weight strapped to me today (7kg), although it is my leg day, managed 2 xD. This was towards the end of a session though. If I want to improve the amount of chin ups I can do should I add weight or go for more reps? Currently I can do 6 reps at just over 12.5 stone.

Soldato
The coach just sent out a pretty ominous text to all the club boxers... Pre-season conditioning starts tomorrow evening, apparently lots of strength and stamina training, along with plenty of sprints and pulls, he made it sound like he wants to kill us and it's going to last for four weeks! :(

I'll let you know what he has us doing just incase it's interesting/useful to anyone.

(also, I've just read that strong-man Mariusz Pudzianowski, 5-times World’s Strongest Man, is going to start MMA. I might actually have to start watching that.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom