Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha i was squatting 60, and the dude next to me was benching 140 i was like :O I hope ill start adding some weight to my lifts throughout this programme but today stairs are my enemy after more 5x5 squats :(

Can't use the school gym for a week now as its half term :(. I've always been worried about deadlifts and squats as the technique is so crucial and you can injure yourself easily if you do it wrong, but I finally took the plunge on wednesday and I must say its much more satisfying than all these silly dumbell exercises. Can't wait to see myself adding more weight to put all the weeds in the school gym to shame :D

And my tuna, balsamic vinegar and tomato for afterwards is great!

Oh and a quick question, how much does a squat/deadlift bar normally weigh?

Last edited:
I thought I was doing well increasing my weights but it's only dawned on me now how bad the form was. Going to have to reduce by bench which is only 40kg.

Good news is I can front squat 180kg a few times happily, I reckon I could beat my normal squat in time. Bad news is I cant physically go low enough to execute a text book front squat if you know what I mean. It feels like something is going to really tear and the lower I go the more I tend to tip forward:confused:. I think I'll wait for my smith machine in September and stick to that tbh!

Dam tank thats an impressive front squat!

I had a really good chest/shoulder/tris session today, couple of personal best lifts

Finaly hit 40kg bb standing shoulder press for 5 reps and 2x28kg dumbell incline press for 5 reps.

Ive refined a couple of small things with my diet/training and getting some good strength gains. Its funny how little things can have such a big impact, like not streching before lifting lol

Tommorow im going to squat 100kg for the first time :D cant wait, LOVE leg day.

Thanks pieplough:) but not really that impressive as I cant go low enough.

Well the only time i tried a front squat (with about 50kg) i could barely control the bar so holding onto 180 is dam impressive :)

Also on the subject of front squats, what major differences are there between front and back squats in terms of muscles worked?

Another good session for me tonight although I've picked up a slight chest pull.

DB Shoulder Press
30K x 10
35K x 10
40K x 10

T-Bar Rows
75K x 10
85K x 10
95K x 10

WG Pulldowns
65.5K x 10
73K x 10
80.5K x 5 (Progress in 6 weeks = 1 rep)