Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the snow and everything I've only really got back to the gym the past week or two after getting a routine specced on here about a month ago.

Anyway, did squats for the first time ever yesterday and oh my god... I've barely been able to walk since, lol

It's amazing how much you guys can do - I think I made it up to about 75/80Kg's before having to finish. 5'11', 76Kgs...

Long way to go, but since getting a proper routine I've been enjoying it more than ever and feel a lot more pumped after a session than I ever have done :)

I got a new PB on flat bench press yesterday, 45kg x 6 :D I can't wait to get rid of the small black 10kg plates and move on to the bigger yellow 15kg.

I know it's small weights compared to some but I only really started in December and it's 5kg up on my previous best. I'm really liking my new simple routine and the volume I'm doing.

E.g. for bench press I do

20 x 20kg (bar)
12 x 30kg
12 x 35kg
10 x 40kg
6 x 45kg

I do this on all my exercises, I push out 20 x small weight to get warm in the particular muscles I exercise and then go up in small increments until fail. It takes longer per exercise but I feel I benefit from it.

Well done my friend, just started up again myself

Im 6ft1, weigh 69kg so very skinny.

Before i stopped going to the gym (got ill, then guard duty,then xmas - making excuses i know) my PB best was i think 50kg x 6 or 8.

No i would proberly stuggly to do 40 lol!

Hah, I'm jealous :p

My lack of weights is holding me back...As I can't up the weight obviously...Soon as I land a job I intend on buying some more :(.

Trying not to spend the money I do have, just incase!

Hah, I'm jealous :p

My lack of weights is holding me back...As I can't up the weight obviously...Soon as I land a job I intend on buying some more :(.

Trying not to spend the money I do have, just incase!

Local paper classified ads?
Local post office adverts? (maybe put a wanted ad up?)
Ad-Mag?
GumTree?
eBay?

You might find a bargain :)

Excuse my ignorance, why can you not get down to a gym?

Money....To be blunt :p

I don't have an income at the moment...that and I've only been lifting for a couple of months now.

I'd rather do it at home anyway...However naturally there will be a time when I have to attend the gym..unless i have enough space for a home one.

Local paper classified ads?
Local post office adverts? (maybe put a wanted ad up?)
Ad-Mag?
GumTree?
eBay?

You might find a bargain :)

Might do :) I'll have to keep an eye out really...Cheers though.

Sunday afternoon again and time to weigh myself again to see if progress has been made.

102.3kg (naked)

up 2kg from last week. Have diet nailed down, low carbs, low fat and high protein. Taking supplements (shoo now, they work!) religiously and getting 9+ hours sleep a night.

To be fair, still muscle memory coming back. Was up to 112kg in my prime :D

Meenwhile i've been working my ass off (literally) to get DOWN to 100kg :p

Well done my friend, just started up again myself

Im 6ft1, weigh 69kg so very skinny.

Before i stopped going to the gym (got ill, then guard duty,then xmas - making excuses i know) my PB best was i think 50kg x 6 or 8.

No i would proberly stuggly to do 40 lol!

Cheers :)

I'm 6ft 2, 92kg. Need to lower my bodyfat % but I carry it well at the moment due to my height. Most of my weight is around the hips and stomach which is really annoying as it makes trying to form a nice V taper look pathetic!

At 69kg you must be quite thin, I wish I was somewhere inbetween 69 and 92kg.

I'm lucky in the fact that my gym is free, even if it is always busy (living on an raf base)

I'm starting to get into it properly now, sick of being so skinny. I'm on leave at the moment so using my parents gym at £4.50 a time *shudder*

Just got back from a really good arm session, i love it when your arms start to pump up and look 100x bigger :D

Edit, im aiming to put weight on, eating more meals and trying to eat more good stuff (although the odd take-away does keep appearing lol)

I don't want to be MASSIVE, just a nice shape :)

This is going to sound really stupid, and I forgot to ask at when I got them

But I've just had contact lenses put in today, and was wondering if you should use use them while at the gym? What with all the sweat and straining like a mad man with eyes sometimes more than tightly shut :p

Like I said maybe just me worrying too much with something new, but thought I'd check, does anyone here use contacts at the gym?

This is going to sound really stupid, and I forgot to ask at when I got them

But I've just had contact lenses put in today, and was wondering if you should use use them while at the gym? What with all the sweat and straining like a mad man with eyes sometimes more than tightly shut :p

Like I said maybe just me worrying too much with something new, but thought I'd check, does anyone here use contacts at the gym?

You can no problem, but I find mine start to dry and irritate me with all the sweating so dont bother

I'm lucky in the fact that my gym is free, even if it is always busy (living on an raf base)

I'm starting to get into it properly now, sick of being so skinny. I'm on leave at the moment so using my parents gym at £4.50 a time *shudder*

Just got back from a really good arm session, i love it when your arms start to pump up and look 100x bigger :D

Edit, im aiming to put weight on, eating more meals and trying to eat more good stuff (although the odd take-away does keep appearing lol)

I don't want to be MASSIVE, just a nice shape :)

Likewise on the skinny front...I've always been relativly small...Well, I used to be called fat when I was younger...and I think it had a negative impact on me.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=13440324&postcount=4510

That's me on the left back in October...So as you can see, I need to be eating a lot :p

Free gym as well! Lucky :(...Most around here are about £4 a session if your aren't a member as well...I'll look into it a bit more though when I earn some cash.

I'm around the same build as yourself mate, i kept telling myself i would get it sorted for years but never did, now ive given myself a kick and am sorting it out :)

Get a part time job to pay for the gym?

Hey guys, simple question - do you include the weight of the bar when noting down reps with weights on this forum?

I have never done this but I suppose it makes sense as when talking about dumbells, the weight always includes the 'bar'. e.g. for squats, I'm currently on 60kg for reps, not including the weight of the bar.

Something I've always wondered but never asked!

I'm around the same build as yourself mate, i kept telling myself i would get it sorted for years but never did, now ive given myself a kick and am sorting it out :)

Get a part time job to pay for the gym?

Ah cool, I'm 6ft I think...maybe slightly over, been a while since I measured myself.

Sadly, there really is hardly any work around here :p I've been applying left right and center! Got an interview this Wednesday though, so hopefully :)

Did chest and biceps today, I've come to the conclusion my left arm totally sucks...Probably a 3rd weaker than my right when doing curls :p Hopefully it improves.

Been trying to improve my form on the chest workouts, think it went better today...I'll see tomorrow how much it's affected me :)

Hey guys, simple question - do you include the weight of the bar when noting down reps with weights on this forum?

I have never done this but I suppose it makes sense as when talking about dumbells, the weight always includes the 'bar'. e.g. for squats, I'm currently on 60kg for reps, not including the weight of the bar.

I believe people do on here yes :)

But let someone else clarify.

I include the barbell weight. So if your using an olympic bar thats a 100kg squat!:D

Edit: DOH! Thought you said 80kg lol... too slow also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom