Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
New PB for me tonight and the first time I've shoulder pressed more than my body weight I think :cool:

Seated Shoulder Press
60K x 5
70K x 5
80K x 5
90K x 5
100K x 0
100K x 2

Couldn't move the 100 off my chest the first time so had help to get it in to place for my second attempt and did two good reps.

New goal = 140K :o

How does this look? Reasonable..

Mondays - Back/Triceps

Back:
Pull ups
BB Bent over rows
Cable lat pulldown
BB Shrugs

Tricpes:
EZbar skull crushers
Tricep cable pulldown
One arm tricep extension

Tuesday - Cardio/Forearms

Forearms:
Hammer curl
Wrist curl
Reverse wrist curl

Wednesday - Chest/Biceps

Chest:
BB Bench press
DB Chest fly
Incline DB Bench press

Biceps:
Bicep curl
Concentration curl
Preacher curl

Thursday: Cardio/Forearms

Forearms:
Hammer curl
Wrist curl
Reverse wrist curl

Friday: Shoulders/Legs

Shoulders:
Upright Row
Military press
DB Front raise
DB Lateral raise

Legs:
Deadlifts
Leg curl
Leg extensions
Leg press

New PB for me tonight and the first time I've shoulder pressed more than my body weight I think :cool:

Seated Shoulder Press
60K x 5
70K x 5
80K x 5
90K x 5
100K x 0
100K x 2

Couldn't move the 100 off my chest the first time so had help to get it in to place for my second attempt and did two good reps.

New goal = 140K :o

Thats impressive:cool:, now stand and do it!

Mondays - Back/Triceps

Back:
Pull ups
BB Bent over rows
Cable lat pulldown
BB Shrugs

Tricpes:
EZbar skull crushers
Tricep cable pulldown
One arm tricep extension

Tuesday - Cardio/Forearms

Forearms:
Hammer curl
Wrist curl
Reverse wrist curl

Wednesday - Chest/Biceps

Chest:
BB Bench press
DB Chest fly
Incline DB Bench press

Biceps:
Bicep curl
Concentration curl
Preacher curl

Thursday: Cardio/Forearms

Forearms:
Hammer curl
Wrist curl
Reverse wrist curl

Shoulders:
Upright Row
Military press
DB Front raise
DB Lateral raise

Legs:
Deadlifts
Leg curl
Leg extensions
Leg press

2 days a week for forearms ?

I used to do splits but have got better results from full body 3 days a week

bent over rows
bench press
military press
deadlifts / squats
skull crushers
BB curl
wide grip pull ups

keep it simple

snip
Too much going on there imo. 'm sure someone will be along to give some detailed pointers but off the top of my head - too many biceps exercises, no real need to do forearms twice, deadlifts are more suited to back day than legs and dips are my tricep burner of choice.

Need ADVICE!!! was doing a workout tonight, with my training partners, and we was doing shrugs, 30kg on 10th set i stepped back stood on a plate and slipped dropped the weight and it rolled into the floor length mirror, smashed! LOL. i went and told member of staff straight away, and they came and taped it up and covered it. There was no senior managment on, and they was unable to tell me if i had to pay for the damage, it was total accident. Will they charge me? rumor has it they £500+ for a full length mirror like that :(

Mondays - Back/Triceps

Back:
Pull ups
BB Bent over rows
Cable lat pulldown
BB Shrugs - back????

Tricpes:
EZbar skull crushers
Tricep cable pulldown
One arm tricep extension

Tuesday - Cardio/Forearms - why forearms?

Forearms:
Hammer curl
Wrist curl
Reverse wrist curl

Wednesday - Chest/Biceps

Chest:
BB Bench press
DB Chest fly
Incline DB Bench press

Biceps:
Bicep curl
Concentration curl
Preacher curl

Thursday: Cardio/Forearms - again why forearms?

Forearms:
Hammer curl
Wrist curl
Reverse wrist curl

Shoulders:
Upright Row
Military press
DB Front raise
DB Lateral raise

Legs:
Deadlifts - ?? normal deadlifts??
Leg curl
Leg extensions
Leg press

oh my.
so so much going on.

Mondays - Back/Triceps

Back:
Pull ups
BB Bent over rows
deadlifts

Tricpes:
EZbar skull crushers
CG bench

Wednesday - Chest/Biceps

Chest:
BB Bench press
cable Chest fly
Incline DB Bench press

Biceps:
BB Bicep curl
Preacher curl

Shoulders:
shoulder press
DB Lateral raise
bent over lat raise

Legs:
squats
romanian dealifts
calf raises

cleaner, simpler, based around the main compounds you want to be doing.

Nice lifts PK :cool:

I remember seeing a video of Flexx Lewis on a plate loaded shoulder press (different from an olmpic bar I know) with 180KG :eek: and no lock out :eek: made it look like he had single bags of sugar in each hand. Ri-god-damn-diculous!

Good lifting though!

Cheers Benny, I'm really paying for it today though. I feel physically and mentally exhausted so I'll probably have a week off depending how I feel on Monday.

Would really love to see what my 1RM is though. Think I could get a few more K up if I make the jumps between the first few sets bigger and drop the number of reps. Getting spotted in to position certainly makes life 10x easier as well.

Cheers Benny, I'm really paying for it today though. I feel physically and mentally exhausted so I'll probably have a week off depending how I feel on Monday.

Would really love to see what my 1RM is though. Think I could get a few more K up if I make the jumps between the first few sets bigger and drop the number of reps. Getting spotted in to position certainly makes life 10x easier as well.

Yeah. I've found when attempting 1RM, for say bench for example, I usually make 10KG jumps to start with. Then 5KG as it gets heavier and then even 2.5KG. Could be seen as wasted energy. If you know you can press X amount, work your way upto it quite quickley to save wasting energy on amounts you know you can shift. Providing your thoroughly warmed up. Give both approaches ago?

I'm paying for it today too. Currently doing a full body 3 times a week. After back and chest came legs then shoulders. 140KG DL's and 100KG Squats. Followed by standing Military Press 40-50KG. As if I wasn't tender enough I went for a 5.5KM run this morning.

And now I have to pack for my return to Uni when all I want to do is sleep!:eek:

Got a question, made a video.

Is what I'm doing here dangerous? It feels good, no complains from the back, but I haven't seen many people doing it so maybe there is some potential danger I don't know about.

You'll have to excuse the state of undress, I was doing a bit of work and this thought suddenly popped into my head so I just grabbed the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3Ni69tJA4

Something to motivate me int he background :D

Oh yeah because no one famous has ever been accused of rape that was innocent. I don't want to get into a debate about Mike Tyson here, I admire what he did in the ring and his training during his earlier years, amateur up until a couple of years after he unified the heavy weight titles, his personal life isn't boxing.

Thanks for answering the question though, it seems to hit the whole torso pretty nicely, and I can get more 'turn' on the sit-ups then I can on the floor.

Last edited:
I'd imagine one of the best boxers of all time working out in the gym would motivate most people.

Muhammad Ali is inspirational, a rapist is not!

Thanks for answering the question though, it seems to hit the whole torso pretty nicely, and I can get more 'turn' on the sit-ups then I can on the floor.

Have you tried one of those large gym balls, I quite like them for sit ups as you need a lot of core control not to fly off lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom