Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone going to the BNBF Finals on October 4th?

Tempted to go, my mate is in the Middleweight final this year so going to go along and give him some support. Plus it's good for motivation!

Was thinking maybe we could have an OcUK gymrats meet there?

I don't know any competition level natural bodybuilders :p

The Craig: Once you get the form even close to sorted you will squat more than you bench. If you can't, stop benching every day and give your legs a go :p

Everyone can squat more than they bench :) If you find yourself benching more than you can squat, you are either not squatting hard enough, or have been neglecting your squats for too long! :)

I did front squats today at 48kg and couldn't complete the 6th rep on the third set! How's that for embarassing? They were slow and ATG but still...

My level bench press isn't far off at 20kg (dumbbells).

Started the new bulking regeme today, diet is good and i like it (well it is only the first day:)) Not excessive calories and all food choices are clean with 1 cheat meal per week (which is a nice pizza:D)
Started the new routine today in earnest, lots of sets, lots of reps, plenty of volume and low rest time between sets. Its really hard work but i like it.

Have got myself a little notebook to record all my weights in the gym so it makes it easier to add weight and keep me motivated to add extra weight.
Also measure all bodyparts today and recorded my weight, i will re-weight and re-measure every month to keep track of my progress, and then will then be fed back to James over on MT to see if any alterations are needed.

So glad im on a bulk now, dieting for over 4months was getting depressing

Might, not sound a lot to you lot but i dumbell chest press 24kg today very happy 6 and half weeks ago joining the gym i struggled with 8kg :)

I picked up some Chicken Livers today at the supermarket just because they were obscenely cheap (like half price @ 40 pence).

How do you prepare them so they are tasty? I must say they don't look all that right now.

Can I just fry them with some onions, like other liver?

Argh my deadlift has gone bad. Normally manage 6-8 reps on 120kg with one rep maximum of 140kg. For two weeks I have only managed 2-4 reps on 120 and can't get 160 up anymore. Thought I was just weak last week but happened again today. Any ideas? I'm using reverse grip and no straps.

drop to 100 and do more reps, then build up again.
everyone hits a plateau now and then, the key is not just trying to force yourself through it.

what many people do is something like
1rm=150kg

week 1 : work up to 110kg
week 2 : work up to 120kg
week 3 : work up to 130kg
week 4 : work up to 140kg
week 5 : work up to 150kg
week 6 : work up to 155kg
week 7 : rest
week 8 : work up to 115kg
week 9 : work up to 125kg
etc etc

What weight you doing Paz?

Today was 80kg for the first 6 sets then dropped it down to 75kg (and then 70kg for the last set) as I started sacrificing wayyyy too much on the 5th and especially 6th set. [60 seconds rest between all sets]

I was doing pull ups with 20kg on the belt, this is my third week of 10x10 and I'm struggling with 5 reps at bodyweight! Still, its good fun and keep me motivated through the knee injury, still, physio starts tomorrow :)

Today was 80kg for the first 6 sets then dropped it down to 75kg (and then 70kg for the last set) as I started sacrificing wayyyy too much on the 5th and especially 6th set. [60 seconds rest between all sets]

I was doing pull ups with 20kg on the belt, this is my third week of 10x10 and I'm struggling with 5 reps at bodyweight! Still, its good fun and keep me motivated through the knee injury, still, physio starts tomorrow :)

Thats pretty mad:cool: lol, I feel your pain.

I'm almost out of my 5KG tub of unflavoured whey! Wahey!
Anyone got a promo code for another? I think it was about 22-24 quid all in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom