Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
drop to 100 and do more reps, then build up again.
everyone hits a plateau now and then, the key is not just trying to force yourself through it.

what many people do is something like
1rm=150kg

week 1 : work up to 110kg
week 2 : work up to 120kg
week 3 : work up to 130kg
week 4 : work up to 140kg
week 5 : work up to 150kg
week 6 : work up to 155kg
week 7 : rest
week 8 : work up to 115kg
week 9 : work up to 125kg
etc etc

Me and my house mate who's just moved back in:D, like the sound of that Morba

week 1 : 10x10 work up to 120kg
week 2 : 10x10 work up to 130kg
week 3 : 10x10 work up to 140kg
week 4 : 10x10 work up to 150kg
week 5 : 10x10 work up to 155kg
week 6 : 10x10 work up to 160kg
week 7 : 10x10 work up to 165kg
week 8 : 10x10 work up to 170kg
week 9 : 10x10 work up to 175kg
and so on............

Alright guys

Has anyone tried HST before? Tried it for the first time this morning and threw up halfway through so had to stop. Never thrown up during a workout before!

Think I may have to head back this evening to finish it off. From what I've read it sounds promising but given the number of calories it must burn I think it may be more of an evening workout as morning workouts drain me too quickly.

Do you guys use HST techniques? 9-12 days off for deconditioning? Anyone tried that??
Sounds very interesting and the blurb seems plausible too.

Had my first deadlift session in 8months today, they wernt included when i was dieting.
Managed to get 140k for 6 which is pretty poor, but only just finished dieting so hopefully that will get considerably better.

I seem to be getting bigger from looking in the mirror and comments made but I seem to weigh the same. Is this usual for a not-so-noob?

Yes. Changing body composition can have a huge impact on your appearance while your weight stays the same. I went through a similar thing over the last few months were I was stuck at 86kg bodyweight but image wise I was improving all the time. Thankfully I have broke through it at 87.25kg now :D

I seem to be getting bigger from looking in the mirror and comments made but I seem to weigh the same. Is this usual for a not-so-noob?

Same here, stuck at 90kg but big changes in appearance

Well Im 92kg now but I blame that on 10 days in Cyprus and far too much beer

Thanks for the HST feedback. The principles on which it is based seem really sound so I'm going to persevere. Think it's the morning workouts that my body hates :)

Weight/appearance is a funny one - you can lose weight but actually look bigger, particularly if you lose body fat as it makes your muscles more defined and this often makes you appear "bigger".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom