Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note, did a gvt workout just now....:o blooming mental! Tiny weights were just destroying me! Feels great now im gonna stick with it a while i reckon its about time i got volume up and rest periods in check im getting a bit lazy lol

Fair enough, think my main problem is struggling to reach ~2500 calories each day :p

exactly, dont take it personally but thats 90% of the battle in weight training, almost everything written on boybuilding is for the 'hardgainer' i.e. The guy who stays skinny no matter what he does. No workout plan will help if your not hitting your calories and protein levels correctly EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIFE, and thats no exaggeration m8

exactly, dont take it personally but thats 90% of the battle in weight training, almost everything written on boybuilding is for the 'hardgainer' i.e. The guy who stays skinny no matter what he does. No workout plan will help if your not hitting your calories and protein levels correctly EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIFE, and thats no exaggeration m8

:p Off to grab a tuna sandwich then..

Im with you on that <3000kcl leaves me feeling super weak

I do feel weak if I don't make 2,500 but my stomach refuses to cooperate :/

:p Off to grab a tuna sandwich then..

I do feel weak if I don't make 2,500 but my stomach refuses to cooperate :/

I know m8, i know guys who have to eat till they are sick then just kep pushing through, can take ages to get the intake up, for most they just give up. Try getting in some calorie dense foods clotted cream is a good un, and cheese, chocolate etc but obviously focus on the healthier foods like red meats, chicken, turkey, etc gainer shakes can be great too up to 1000kcal per milkshake in some.

I know m8, i know guys who have to eat till they are sick then just kep pushing through, can take ages to get the intake up, for most they just give up. Try getting in some calorie dense foods clotted cream is a good un, and cheese, chocolate etc but obviously focus on the healthier foods like red meats, chicken, turkey, etc gainer shakes can be great too up to 1000kcal per milkshake in some.

I was using whey protein and one or two other supplements a while back but it got too costly (but thats another story). Bread\rice are staples of mine and I usually don't go a day without eating some kind of meat.

I have a pretty low carb diet overall I'd say, the other day I had a pizza delivered as a reward for myself after a hard 8-9 days of training... omg, it made so much difference! Training that night felt completely different, like I had much more energy. I'm going to have to start working in some more carbs on hard training days to be honest, I'm sure the extra work it will allow me to do will limit any weight loss. I've pretty much given up on the losing weight thing, I just can't train as hard as I want to and try to lose weight at the same time, it's simply not working.

On a more positive note I had a chat with my coach today to ask him when he thought my first bout was going to be as I think I'm ready for it now, he agreed (which made me pretty damn happy!), and with some luck he's going to match me up for a bout in the middle of October :)

I do not intend to lose! :D

I was using whey protein and one or two other supplements a while back but it got too costly (but thats another story). Bread\rice are staples of mine and I usually don't go a day without eating some kind of meat.

Money is a real consideration m8, muscle gain requires protein which doesnt get much heaper than whey, if whey is too much then by all means do some training and get a bit stronger but dont expect to get particularily muscular.

Money is a real consideration m8, muscle gain requires protein which doesnt get much heaper than whey, if whey is too much then by all means do some training and get a bit stronger but dont expect to get particularily muscular.

Suppose there's always the bulk purchase option...

PS: Could I catch you on MSN?

She hits hard:(.

Your such a girl!! :P

Turns out the guy that died in the gym last week was one of the richest blokes in the area. Yacht kind of rich. Seems he wasn't as healthy as everyone thought.

On a good note, I cracked my back back into position by myself the other day after it was feeling a bit off. Can comfortably rep the deadlifts on 150KG again after failing to lift even 100KG last week. Makes so much difference!

sr4470 don't think its impossible. I weighed 64kg less than 2.5 years ago, now I weigh 87.25kg with relatively low BF. But equally it isn't easy. If you are worried about the price of protein then like UE says you won't be getting huge in a hurry, but you will progress, slowly :)

hello gym rats, i'm seeking a little advice. I've got myself two set work outs

on a tuesday i focus on shoulders and back and on thursdays i focus on arms and chest. However i feel i'm not getting much out of my tuesday work out. My thursday one i feel is great and leaves me burning but Tuesday's does nothing.

So my Tuesday work out consists of:

my usual warm up of pull ups and dips
shoulder shrugs 3x10
shoulder press with dumbells 1x10 at light weight to loosen up followed by 3x8 at a heavier weight
shoulder fly's 1x10, 2x8
lat raises again 3x10
bent over row 3x10
bent over fly's 3x8

followed by more pull ups and dips

I'm pushing the weights as far as i physically can but there doesn't seem to be any improvement as oppose to my thursday workout where i'm seeing much better results. I was just wondering if anybody has any tips to improve my shoulder and back workout.

On a seperate note i play football on a sunday but for some reason it takes so long for my legs to recover i actually can't do much with them in the gym. It's strange as my arms can recover in 2 days but my legs i require at least 4. Has anybody some tips to help me speed up this recovery time as i'd like to get some running in also but this is restricting me?

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

On a seperate note i play football on a sunday but for some reason it takes so long for my legs to recover i actually can't do much with them in the gym. It's strange as my arms can recover in 2 days but my legs i require at least 4. Has anybody some tips to help me speed up this recovery time as i'd like to get some running in also but this is restricting me?

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Play more football. I play on a Sunday then will play both Monday and Tuesday evening and again Thursday lunchtime. Get the muscles used to and they will recover faster.

Aches are no excuse :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom