Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Play more football. I play on a Sunday then will play both Monday and Tuesday evening and again Thursday lunchtime. Get the muscles used to and they will recover faster.

Aches are no excuse :D

I wish i could mate, i really do but my unforgiving working hours puts a stop to that pretty fast, can't even make training :(.

[Killaken] NO SQUATS? [/Killaken]

what happened to that chap?

oh yea forgot to mention my legs workout. Thought my list for the workout seemed a little small. basically i do calf extensions (4 sets of 10) and seated leg press (start heavy and slowly remove the weight to a point i end up struggling with little weights, sorry don't know the correct terminology)

oh yea forgot to mention my legs workout. Thought my list for the workout seemed a little small. basically i do calf extensions (4 sets of 10) and seated leg press (start heavy and slowly remove the weight to a point i end up struggling with little weights, sorry don't know the correct terminology)

Dropsets.

But leg presses aren't a sufficient substitute for squats, but better than nothing obviously.

Not bad :p, what kind of routines were you using?

I couldn't of hoped for any better naturally. However the gains obviously slow down a lot, otherwise you would be 150kg in 5 years...

Before my SA time really but didn't he get caught out as being nothing like his persona physically?
Dropsets.

But leg presses aren't a sufficient substitute for squats, but better than nothing obviously.
Indeed.

I thought it was simply because he was an abrasive, insulting, generally negative person and in the end he stepped over the line and got banned.

Like I say it was before I started posting in this section but I remember him being generally negative. But I also remember something about pictures of him not standing upto his megaman, squat till you die, get hench you nancy e-personna.

Only just broke the 25 tonne mark today for legs day. Was a little annoyed at myself as for some reason my squats weren't going great, just couldn't get comfortable with them

Still, I feel shattered so was worth while as always

Like I say it was before I started posting in this section but I remember him being generally negative. But I also remember something about pictures of him not standing upto his megaman, squat till you die, get hench you nancy e-personna.

LOL i missed that bit.

I thought it was simply because he was an abrasive, insulting, generally negative person and in the end he stepped over the line and got banned.

Killa_Ken isn't banned at the moment although he has been suspended a few times from what I recall. As far as I was aware he simply chose to stop posting as much after moving to Geneva on an internship but that's just information I half picked up from reading the forums so I might be filling in the blanks with something my imagination cooked up.

Although I haven't posted in this thread before I'm still going to the gym regularly and doing a version of the 5x5, it may or may not be making a huge difference but I'm still enjoying it at least.

First day at Uni today and first time I've seen some people in over a year. 45lb less fat. I must have come across 30 people who either said:

1) OMG what's happened to you?
2) Are you dark_shadow's younger brother?
3) I recognise you but I can't put my finger on it
4) Unbelievable, you did it! You look extremely good!
5) I wanna sex you

It doesn't quite hit you til you get all these compliments in one day. :cool:

Well yesterday I am proud after joining the gym as I have hit my first goal of 25 (useful, and full) gym visits!

I feel so much better for it! I took a picture on visit 1 and one on visit 25 to see if there is any difference and I can see a slight change! The one thing I have noticed most is my stomach now is a lot flatter and if I tense it a lot better than it was, and you can see a lot more defined lines!

My arms are actually showing a lot more too them!

I also noticed the amount of weight I was pressing/lifting has increased steadily over the last 6 weeks, I started at about 25x30KG on the ab-cruncher machine-thing and now I can do 50x72.5KG (This is after 3x50x65KG) - I am so happy with myself as last time I weighed myself I was 63KG!

I know compared to a lot of folks on here I would still look rather weedy, but I can totally feel and see a difference and it is a good start and a great boost to make sure I continue to visit the gym and keep improving! I Just need to ponder if I need to move on to other things from now on, or just stick to what I am doing and either increase weight or repetitions!

Lame as this post may be, just wanted to sound off to a bunch of guys that would understand how it feels!

Rich

I know how you feel, well done. I'm 6 months in now and gains are good considering I haven't been going as often as I should.

Now it's winter coming up I can focus on it.

Anyone has much experience in recovering from knee arthroscopy? I had the surgery on 28th of April and my knee is still in very bad shape and unfortunately NHS seem to be failing me badly in aftercare. I to this day don't even know exactly what's been done apart from that my ligament was resected to a cartilage (I don't even know which ligament it just said that in a letter). My doctor also mentioned that while there he also spotted previous damage to ACL too so all in all it's not looking great at the moment.

I'm really itching to get back into shape as I just joined University but the sport teams are off the menu to me in my current shape. Running is extremely uncomfortable and painful after a while and squats are no better. Internet does have some information on the matter but was just wondering if anyone on here was in a similar situation?

Before my SA time really but didn't he get caught out as being nothing like his persona physically?

I know Ken, and he is exactly how he said he was. Pretty damn big!

He stopped posting after he graduated, as he is now busy with his job. Top man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom