Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant take away from the fact that it takes some serious time and dedication to get to that sort of state, but I still prefer the look of the older bbers who were not mass monsters.

Jay Cutler wins!

First guy to lose and reclaim the Olympia title!

_MG_5489.jpg

Fantastic. I haven't had chance to have a read yet but I have been rooting for him. Great come back.

My apologies this is what I meant, I should have made my post clearer. Cutler was clear winner last nite, he looked out of this world. Respect to him for pulling it out the bag.

This thread dies when Freefaller is on holiday! :(

Chest and tris workout today! My favourite

Managed a full 5 sets of 10 of dips today, which is good considering they are halfway through my workout, I usually struggle. But I think since starting my bulk again I'm getting a lot of strength back quickly

Annoying bench session.

5x5 @ 105kg

5th set, feeling tired but had completed the first 4 OK with no spot so ask a lad to spot me. Get to the 4th rep and struggle coming off the chest very slightly, but feels ok, suddenly he yanks the bar off my chest and racks it. WTF. Learn to spot. I even told him I'd yell if I needed a touch.

Finished off with a fun superset, Dips (BW + 20kg) 3x8 with 3x8 clapping press ups :cool:

Chest and tris workout today! My favourite

Managed a full 5 sets of 10 of dips today, which is good considering they are halfway through my workout, I usually struggle. But I think since starting my bulk again I'm getting a lot of strength back quickly

Good stuff. Unfortunately I'm failing to reach the calorie intake I need. Perhaps I should request an IV drip :p

So someone tried to do you a favour and erred on the side of caution? TBH learn to ask someone to spot you that you know and trust, otherwise it's your fault.

Sounds like the chap was being a bit of a noob to be honest, I do touch the bar with my index fingers only if someones struggling, only if they tell me i'll then assist, then finally if that still isnt working I'll pull the bar up myself.

Hey all, long time no post. :)

Made some good progress over the past month or two, arms are now 15" cold (up from 14.5"cold) and chest is 44.5" cold(up from 43.5" cold) and I have also gained some half decent overall mass while keeping my BF around the same (visual measurement of BF only) current body weight between 87/89kg.

Yesterday I was in a funny mood going to the gym so I thought I was going to have a bad session but ended up having a pretty good session if not a little rushed, I upped my incline dumbbell bench-press to 28kg for 8 reps which was a great feeling as I have been going through a bit of a low point with strength increase and been stagnating on the same weight for ages!

Anyway that’s enough rambling, have a good one all. :)

I haven't been lifting the last week due to my shoulder, and then last Thursday I got this flu or whatever it is going round. Still coughing up rubbish this morning but I'll be back a the gym later. Probably just some shoulder rehab and machine quads but still looking forward to it.

ive been asked to spot for people i don't know before, if i'm honest i rarely know what i'm doing spotting for people (spotting for people with a squat rack cant they just drop the weight ).

recently had soemone flip out on me for putting hand to close to the Barbell, think i will decline spotting for randomers from now on espcially the bigger ones end of the day was doing him a favour not the other way around....

not liek dropping 100kg on your chest would be that bad anyways.

If I spot some random person (hardly ever) I just keep the bar moving. Unrack it and leave them to it unless it stops then just use a little force as possible to get it moving again. I don't want to waste my energy trying to curl half of some guys bench press weight just because he's put far too much on. But like I say I only do it for people I know 99.9% of the time, and even then I try and avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom