Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just weighed myself.... ive managed to lose 2 pounds since saturday :confused:

Ive been eating about 3400cal a day and lifting on wed fri and sat. I didnt do anything on sunday so how can i have lost weight!? lol

Only thing for it... more food :p

Just had a late workout because of the contact lens appointment earlier, and because anytime before 9 in the evening at my local gym is just too busy

Good session though

Managed a new PB

Bench Press
20Kg warmup x10
40Kg 3x10
50Kg 3x8
PB 55Kg 3x8

Seated Bicep Curls
15Kg 4x8

Incline Seated Bicep Curls
12Kg(x2) 4x8

Barbell Curl
20Kg 4x8

Incline Dumbbell Press
20Kg(x2) 4x10
22.5Kg(x2) 3x8

Pec-Deck
45Kg 3x10

Arms feel like they are going to explode :D

Just had a late workout because of the contact lens appointment earlier, and because anytime before 9 in the evening at my local gym is just too busy

Good session though

Managed a new PB

Bench Press
20Kg warmup x10
40Kg 3x10
50Kg 3x8
PB 55Kg 3x8

Seated Bicep Curls
15Kg 4x8

12Kg(x2) 4x8

Barbell Curl
20Kg 4x8

Incline Dumbbell Press
20Kg(x2) 4x10
22.5Kg(x2) 3x8

Pec-Deck
45Kg 3x10

Why so many curls?

They really work my arms well, I dont usually do the incline seated as well, the only reason I did that tonight was the amount of people in the gym, everything was being used. Was stupidly busy for some reason, so meant I would have had nothing to do for 5 minutes, so just threw that in

So usually I only do the Barbell curl and the seated curls

Good session though

Managed a new PB

Bench Press
20Kg warmup x10
40Kg 3x10
50Kg 3x8
PB 55Kg 3x8

Seated Bicep Curls
15Kg 4x8

12Kg(x2) 4x8

Barbell Curl
20Kg 4x8

Incline Dumbbell Press
20Kg(x2) 4x10
22.5Kg(x2) 3x8

Pec-Deck
45Kg 3x10

if you want to get the weight up...when you are benchpressing dont do 40Kg..3x10..then move the weight up and do 3 sets of the next weight. Lets try W/U...40Kg x 10, 50Kg x 10(or max), 60kg x 10(or max). By the time you have gotten to 55Kg...you have done that many reps that you muscles are screwed...and you could probably push more weight with lesss sets which I think wouuld be more beneficial for any strength and size gains. Same with the bicep curls....I would only do 2 x 4 sets on bicep day.

Would like some opinions....to complete my home gym setup Im wanting some dumbells.....and sets cost a fortune and Im fed up with my old screw type sets I have.
Looking at two options.....

Max 40Kg...
http://www.ukfitnesssupplies.co.uk/products-Bowflex-1090-SelectTech-Dumbells-10-90lbs_001-4551.htm

or go with these and buy some more smaller plates and spring collars...
http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/olympic_bars/bodypower_olympic_dumbbell_handle_x1/3208_p.html

Im liking the idea of the Selectech ones..mainly for ease and I wouldnt really need over 40Kg. The only thing I would do that weights is DB Press and one arm dumbell rows. I already have a rack..olympic setup so already do a lot of bench press etc.
Does anyone have on use the selctech ones?..I have never seen or used before.

If going with the olypic dumbells...would spring collars keep say 10-15Kg a side on even though they arent kept level....like during flies etc.? Would be a real pain in the a** if they were to slide or fall off.

Cheers

Last edited:
Legs and shoulders tonight, I still don't think I have nailed the squat form properly.

Hmmm, should I do deadlifts and SLDL's tonight, considering I did a lengthy back workout on Sunday? I've done SLDL's before, but never deadlifts. I'm thinking it might be a late night session so it's quiet and can try different techniques without anyone looking :D

DL's, SLDL and Squats all in the same session...ouch!

why would you consider a gimicky bow flex set for nearly 400, that buys LOADS of oly plates and some handles which boosts your total plates collection.

And no they wont slide off, if your worried buy screw type - http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/...pr/7864_p.html

I guess your right....but then Ill be changing weights over and over again which is a pain. I like the idea of select and go...even if it is 380£'s worth.
Just wanted some opinions.

Last edited:
Legs and shoulders tonight, I still don't think I have nailed the squat form properly.

Hmmm, should I do deadlifts and SLDL's tonight, considering I did a lengthy back workout on Sunday? I've done SLDL's before, but never deadlifts. I'm thinking it might be a late night session so it's quiet and can try different techniques without anyone looking :D

Personally, I wouldn't do squats on the same day as dead lifts as there's no way I'd have the energy to feel I would be hitting both exercises hard enough. I think better to separate legs and back to different days. If you're hitting squats properly, you should be exhausted afterwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom