Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a squat is your back completely vertical?

I'm finding flexibility quite difficult on my achilles.

ye..at the start....but you should lean gently forward from the waist as you go down...else youll probably fall over! Back has to remain straight though...any lean forward must be from the waist.

This guys got excellent form I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYojAPYILEo

Hmmm...think I gota get lower when I do mine.

Last edited:
Another fantastic session for me tonight. Got a slight cold at the moment and was debating whether to go or not but glad I did.

ATG Squats
100K x 10
125K x 10
150K x 10

Deadlifts
100K x 10
140K x 10
180K x 10

Took me 45 minutes compared to 35 last week but I increased my rest time between sets (didn't lift until my heart rate had dropped back to normal) because last week was very tough.

Think I'm good for a few more kilograms on squats and quite a lot more for deadlifts if I do them on a separate day.

Really enjoying my lifting at the moment and feel my strength is returning quite rapidly.

I'm back with a vengence! Time to train my arse off - 2 weeks of wishy washy **** training. Time to get strong.

Monday:

Flat chest:

60kgx20
80kgx12
100kgx10
120kgx6
130kgx6
140kgx4(2 reps spotted)
150kgx3(2 reps spotted)
160kgx1(spotted throughout)

Incline BB:

10x60kg
10x60kg
8x80kg
8x80kg

Incline DB superset with incline flies:

15kgx10 // 10x12kg
15kgx10 // 10 x12kg
15kgx12 // 12x12kg
15kgx15 // 15x15kg

Cable cross over:

5platesx8
5platesx8
5platesx9
5platesx10

DEAD! Huge pump - felt great! 8-)

Tuesday:

Back squats:

12x60kg
10x100kg
8x120kg
8x140kg
6x160kg
3x180kg
8x140kg
8x140kg

SLDLs:

10x100kg
8x120kg
8x130kg
6x140kg
6x140kg

Step-ups:

6xeach legx100kg
6xeach legx110kg
6xeach legx120kg
6xeach legx130kg
6xeach legx140kg

Leg extension:

Stack (100kg)x10
55kg each legx8
55kg each legx8
60kg each legx8
stackx10

And I'm spent - fantastic to be back. Can't wait to push myself more as I'm feeling the motivation is back. Wrist is still donald ducked so hoping to get that sorted soon.

God I've missed the gym.

3 quick questions for you guys...

Do you lock your arms when bench pressing?

I squat all the way but it seems the trend is for the thighs to be parallel...what are the pros/cons for each method?

Do you lean back past vertical when deadlifting?

Cheers :)

3 quick questions for you guys...

I squat all the way but it seems the trend is for the thighs to be parallel...what are the pros/cons for each method?

Cheers :)

No you shouldn't lock arms when benching as I believe this would take away the tension off your chest.

I personally squat to parallel or slightly below. If you squat too deep this can be bad for your lower back.

Nice work PK - really inspiring lifting. :cool:
Cheers FF :)

Nice video BTW. Made it look easy :cool:

I do, some people don't.

Squatting to parallel allows you to use more weight whereas ATG works more muscles.

No. It can injure your lower back.

Had a go at deadlifts today for the first time since November.

Got 1x3 and 1x2 both at 170kg at the end, so was pretty happy. Knackered know, forgot how much they beast you.

I plan to get some videos next week, hopefully the gym will be less busy, too worried the chavs will nick my phone :D

Cool thanks guys. I think I'll stick with ATG as I'm currently concentrating on building muscle and burning fat rather than increasing strength.

Shoulders tomorrow!

Really looking forward to it, since Freefallers comments I've really upped my game with shoulder day, and last week I felt it for the next couple of days after

Going to make sure I nail it tomorrow too, I've found that plate raises are brilliant

Did 3x10 at 20Kg last week and the burn was immense

I plan to get some videos next week, hopefully the gym will be less busy, too worried the chavs will nick my phone :D

Surely they will be too busy posing in the mirror or curling the 10's. 1000 and 1, 1000 and 2 FEEL THE BURN.

Last edited:
Had a go at deadlifts today for the first time since November.

Got 1x3 and 1x2 both at 170kg at the end, so was pretty happy. Knackered know, forgot how much they beast you.

Good lifting mate. :)

110 for 2 sets of 3 on push press today. Funny... i've got a dodgy shoulder and benching hurts, but push press and strict pressing is fine. As a ratio to bodyweight my pressing and deadlifting is the strongest it's ever been (as i'm 20kg lighter now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom