Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see, cool. It's quite a workload but you're not exactly a beginner!

I was doing those bench rack lockout things where I start with my arms just above 90 degrees again last night, did:

120x5
120x5
120x5
Decided to stop being a girl and did 120x8
130x2 !!

I really hope if I can build up the strength on that to 150kg or so and do more direct tricep work I'll be able to improve my weak girly bench press.

120lbs?
if its 120k you outbench me for volume AND weight and your up there with freefaller strength wise and as i recall your bodyweight is lower. Anyways good lifting.

Last edited:
In all seriousness Skull if it works for you stick at it, I'm quite tempted to give it a go to beat my personal best because thats looking impossible for me to beat tbh.

In all seriousness Skull if it works for you stick at it, I'm quite tempted to give it a go to beat my personal best because thats looking impossible for me to beat tbh.

Hehe I don't know if it will work for me but I'm going to give it a try. Perhaps even if it doesn't help with max strength, psychologically it'll make the usual weight feel like nothing but a peanut!

Heres a question if you wouldn't mind..

I weightlift 3 times a week but have recently added 2 x 90 mins of kickboxing on my days off. I've found that while I'm one of the bigger guys in the class, my muscles tire the quickest.. obv they're not used to the more aerobic nature of kickboxing and need to get used to it. So.. am I at risk of overtraining? Are my lifts going to decrease from the extra work at kickboxing? And should I eat more to keep my size, will I shrink if I don't?

Your muscles and cardiovascular system will adjust to the extra load placed on them and I would recommend increasing good clean kcals to help your body with the extra strain being placed on it

WTF is that lol.

Many of the people that go to my local gym do this, and I've wondered the same. Just low ROM bench presses I guess. Maybe they're aiming for strength instead of specifically growth? :confused:

It would most likely be used on a second bench day (speed/dynamic).

Its certainly not a bench press replacement, but used to assist bench press.

E.g. if you are sticking at the top half of your bench, you might do these for a while to help you combat this.

Doesn't arch that much :confused: - certainly not as much as any powerlifter would during a BP.

You're right it's not a big arch, but I (and many others) would suggest keeping the back in contact with the bench at all times is a far better approach. PLs do arch their back lots, but IME arching back is constituted as bad form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom