Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst doing cardio (HIIT if you want to accelerate fat loss) make sure you keep the weights up and heavy and regular. :)

18 inch guns is mighty impressive, I'm just shy of that myself so well done!

I obviously didnt mean 18in diameter!

Im finding it incredibly easy to get bigger with little effort at all, just must be a natural gift I have. I did mean 18in around obviously.

The running is going well and feeling a lot better for it generally, ive been slacking off the weights a little over the past 7 days as ive been feeling a bit ill but I went back with avengence this evening, found it a bit harder than usual with most of the things I do but fingers crossed will be back to normal on friday evening!

I really should get a proper routine worked out and jot down how many reps of what I do at a time.

I have come across a downside to all this training and thats a, my trousers can be removed without undoing the button and that most of my t-shirts and jumpers no longer fit right so ive got to get myself a new wardrobe!

While I think id like to know whats best for the rear of my quad area to work out, seems there are a lot of things I can be doing at home for the fronts but I find it hard to give the backs a real workout without going to the gym.

Looks like you had a good shoulder day delvis :) hows your DB fly form now?

Yeah, I love working my shoulders for some reason :p...The weights aren't heavy compared to everyone here, but I'm happy with them at the moment...it'll go up in time.

Hmm....Not sure, it was better this time around I think compared to last week...

Just I'm still not hitting the pecs enough.

I'll mock up a drawing of where it hits me the most...

Edit:
maleanatomybroadshouldehd9.jpg

Right...Basically the two outer circles are where I feel it the most....And a little bit in the middle....I might not be hitting them properly because I need to do all types of dumb bell flys or something...As in, flat, decline.....as well as incline which I already do.

There's definitely an improvement from when I started, but you know...I like to feel that I've had a work out :p

Last edited:

Thats quite a physique you got there :p

I know the feeling, i used to get similar doing curls, id feel it more on either side of my bicep instead of the muscle. Im not sure but i figured it was my tendons getting stronger?? as it happend when i was starting out.

Freefallers advice of locking your arms at an angle really helped my flys last week.

18in around is still pretty massive so I'm still very impressed a lot of pro bodybuilders are around 20-21" so 18 is a great number to achieve. Sure those last 2-3 inches are hard to get but still 18 is massive! Keep it up Luke. :)

Wednesday:

Didn't really know what to do today but I decided I would do my bi-monthly arm work out in there somewhere.

Powercleans:

6x60
6x60
6x80
6x80
6x90
6x100
5x105

HC2PP:

6x60
6x60
6x60
6x60
6x60

Bent over lateral raises:

8x21
8x21
8x22.5
8x22.5
6x22.5

Hammer curls:

12x15
12x17.5
12x17.5
10x19
10x19

EZ-Bar preacher curls:

10x27.5
10x27.5
8x32.5
8x37.5
4x42.5

Cable tricep pull down:

8x80
8x80
8x80
9x80
10x80

French Press:

8x25
8x30
8x32.5
8x35
8x35

I hate hate hate arm work with a passion which is why I never do it. And I still don't like it. That's why I did some power cleans and some HC2PP just to put me in the mood first :p

So it isnt sorry my brain isnt too switched on this evening :o but the around measurment is how you measure your biceps so freefaller is still right that your pretty big

yes that's how I measure myself (though I haven't done for a few months) and as I said I'm touching on 18 "first thing" (depending on how pumped I am as I can add over an inch with a good pump so that doesn't count). I don't strive for "big guns" but quite happy to get them as a subsidary of my other exercises. :)

I hate hate hate arm work with a passion which is why I never do it. And I still don't like it. That's why I did some power cleans and some HC2PP just to put me in the mood first :p

ye...im the same. I dont mind doing tri's so much....but the bi exercises just do my head in for some reason. Lately Ive only been chucking in a bicep exercise for 4 sets of 10 or so a weak...and even thats too much:rolleyes:

I do sometimes helps me keep track of where I am. Doing the routine I was its easier to know what I done last time this way and prepares me for the next session. Im doing a HST thing that does 2 weeks of x15 2 weeks of x10 and now 2 weeks of x5 so it just helps me remember each day.

Ive stopped doing it at the minute though as ive done it long enough to get a rough idea of what im on every day and the routine is drilled into me now :D

Thats quite a physique you got there :p

I know the feeling, i used to get similar doing curls, id feel it more on either side of my bicep instead of the muscle. Im not sure but i figured it was my tendons getting stronger?? as it happend when i was starting out.

Freefallers advice of locking your arms at an angle really helped my flys last week.

hah, I was on the physique :p

Lock your arms? You mean keep them bent slightly at the elbow presumably...

If you do, I've been doing that the last few sessions, as I was following the video on coopers guns initially...which blatantly uses his triceps slightly.

I'll get it in time hopefully...

Quick question all.

I am 5'8" and currently hover between 13 stone 5 pounds and 13 stone 10 pounds. I am a little tubby and I am looking to start road running as a starting point for losing a bit of fat off my body.

My daily diet varies, it tends to be a bowl of cereal in the morning (the bad kind :p, coco pops or something), a sandwich for lunch (made myself, normally just cheddar and bread, exciting huh?) with some fruit, and then in the evening I'll have something like Spag Bol, Chilli, Cod and chips, normal easy stuff.

I am going to start slow so that I don't put myself off early on. Realistically if I run 3 times a week for 15-30 minutes to start with, how much can I expect to lose, or will my diet just not cancel it out enough?

I also play football for 1 hour on Wednesday night and a full 90 mins on a Saturday (although I play in goal on saturday so don't do much prolonged running!)

If your going to have cereal...atleast have a half healthy one :p

Like fruit and fibre or something, or muesli.

Sandwhices, long as it isn't white bread....add something else to the sandwhich, anything, lettuce whatever.

It actually looks like you don't really eat a lot anyway looking at the above...If you get active more, your bound to lose weight.

could change that to porridge for breakfast and a ham/turkey sandwich on brown bread at dinner with fruit/nuts inbetween

yes...far beter than what you are on just now. The body looses more fat content easting regularly....so between you three main meals...Break, lunch and dinner, have a snack...fruit/nuts etc...u know..healthy stuff!

yes...far beter than what you are on just now. The body looses more fat content easting regularly....so between you three main meals...Break, lunch and dinner, have a snack...fruit/nuts etc...u know..healthy stuff!

Not biscuits :p

I'm quite gutted...I'm missing my back day tomorrow...flying on a plane for the weekend :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom