Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
5 weeks into my lean bulk, deadlift up to 200x1:) quite happy with that. Think i could have got 210k.
Aiming for a 230k+ in the next 2-3 months, I think at the current rate of progress it should be do-able.

Body weight is up 10lbs
Biceps are up 1/2"
Legs - up 1"

Seems to be going pretty well so far, also seem to be getting a lot more veins in my arms. :)

does anyone else ever get tired of the constant ache? Woke up this morning and DOMs are killing me. My chest is killing my lower back is in pain and my legs are aching. Sometimes I enjoy it but simple things like sitting down or getting out the bath after a leg day make me feel like an 80 year old lol.

O well no pain no gain.

5 weeks into my lean bulk, deadlift up to 200x1:) quite happy with that. Think i could have got 210k.
Aiming for a 230k+ in the next 2-3 months, I think at the current rate of progress it should be do-able.

Body weight is up 10lbs
Biceps are up 1/2"
Legs - up 1"

Seems to be going pretty well so far, also seem to be getting a lot more veins in my arms. :)

Can I ask what your diet is and do you take any supps? :)

Can I ask what your diet is and do you take any supps? :)

Diet is typically as the example below but it does change slightly day to day (training, and non training, working nights, days, off etc)

Wake 30g whey protein powder in water
Breakfast 6.30am Porridge: 60g oats + 150ml skimmed milk + tbsp dried fruit + tbsp ground linseeds

6 x liquid egg whites 200ml fresh fruit juice

8.30am 80g chicken breast

100g low fat natural yoghurt

Item fruit

Handful mixed nuts & seeds

Drink water

11.30am Shake: 60g oats + 30g whey protein powder in water

Handful mixed nuts

Item fruit

Drink water

Lunch 1.30pm 120g tuna / mackerel / salmon

Mixed salad + tbsp sunflower seeds

3 oatcakes / 2 rye crispbread

Drink water

4.30pm Shake: 60g oats + 30g whey protein powder in water

Handful mixed nuts

Item fruit

Drink water

30 mins pre workout 200g cottage cheese

1 oatcake

Item fruit

Drink water

Immediately pre workout 20g whey protein in water + 3 g beta alanine

During workout 5g BCAA powder in water (sipped)

Immediately post workout 40g whey protein powder + 40g Vitargo + 2g beta alanine

Evening Meal 45 mins later 150g chicken breast or 150g white fish

30g basmati rice / couscous or small sweet potato or 2-3 small boiled new potatoes Loads of veg

Drink water

Bedtime 250g cottage cheese / quark

Drink water

Supps - Beta Alanine
- Vitargo
- Whey
- BCAA

What is Vitargo and BCAA?

Is BCAA like that Maximuscle Viper that some people drink during workout to keep energy levels high?

Vitargo is a type of carb and BCAA are Branched Chain Amino Acids they are basically protein broken down into single components which makes them quick to be absorbed which is why they are good for during workouts

Had quite a good session today. Doing more of an all over workout at the moment until I settle on a program that I want to do... still researching and working it out!

Deadlifts:

10x105
5x125
5x145
5x165
5x185
3x205

All with no straps or belt - felt good and strong and not too hard either. :)

Front squats:

10x60
5x70
5x75
5x80
5x85
5x90

WG Chins:

6xBW
5x5kg
5x10kg
5x12.5kg
5x15kg
7xBW

Dips:

8xBW
8x5
8x10
8x12.5
8x15
6x25kg
7xBW

Powercleans:

6x60
6x70
6x75
6x80
5x90
2x100

And that's that.

Not a big sesh but it felt goooooood! :D

Did my shoulder routine yesterday and flared up an old rotator cuff injury methinks, I think I'll stop shoulder/chest pressing for 2 weeks and see how it gos from there. Can I still work my chest/shoulders or should I just not bother as they all involve rotator cuff? Anything else that should be avoided?

Do not train on it!!!!!!!!!

I made this mistake and my knee is in ruins, no leg work now for what...5 monts! Worsened because I kept training through the pain on it.

Straight to doctor mate like FF said

Front squats:

10x60
5x70
5x75
5x80
5x85
5x90

Pulling back to that front squat grip debacle a good few pages ago, FF what grip do you use? Over the past 2 weeks I have tried Oly grip, to try and get used to it (dont see any other way to also do a powerclean effectively without it? am I wrong?), and my right wrist just hurts loads after 1 squat!

Typically I use a cross arm grip.

But sometimes I do use the clean grip, but use my fingers as "hooks". If the bar is well placed it shouldn't put too much pressure on your shoulders or wrists. :)

When doing pull ups i can manage 5 in my first set, pretty lame yes...but better than the 3 i was ever capable of :) when going for a 6th and failing every time, il drop down and will feel as if im about to black out, is this good for me? the reason i ask is that i never feel that i have worked the muscles hard, i have also stopped getting DOM's i tend to just have quite a nice cosy feeling in my muscles whenever i work them now

Ive also stopped sweaty when i work out too :| are these things good signs or not

When doing pull ups i can manage 5 in my first set, pretty lame yes...but better than the 3 i was ever capable of :) when going for a 6th and failing every time, il drop down and will feel as if im about to black out, is this good for me? the reason i ask is that i never feel that i have worked the muscles hard, i have also stopped getting DOM's i tend to just have quite a nice cosy feeling in my muscles whenever i work them now

Ive also stopped sweaty when i work out too :| are these things good signs or not

Do you have access to a pull bar or somewhere to do pull ups at home?

If you do you should try the "grease the groove" technique to increase your pull ups.

Basically you do a set of pull ups through out the day ( could be every time you pass the bar or hourly) when you do a set stop before you reach failure, so as you can do 5/6 max you'd do 4.

more info if you google "pavel gtg"

here's link with more info too http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler23.htm

p.s what does DOM stand for?

It probably suggests you are fitter now than when you started but I'd think you should still be sweating if you are working hard enough although some people do obviously sweat more than others.

p.s what does DOM stand for?

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness/Stiffness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom