Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to make veins more apparent on your arms?

Any reason why you want this?

Drop bf or increase the size of your muscles I would guess since I imagine the blood vessels would be pushed closer to the surface

-Edit: damn beaten to it :p serves me right for having a bunch of threads open in different tabs

I've heard that myth too.

I've found since using a pump supplement my veins are more prominent out of the gym as well as when training. Though this could fade over time if I stopped using it. It could well be to do with an increase in muscle mass or drop in bodyfat though.

Wouldn't dehydration also make veins more prominent? I thought that was the reason some bodybuilders would have a bottle of wine the night before a show or is that just a myth?

as far as im aware its to do with getting rid of the water from just under the skin, but I would imagine its of absolutly no use if your still carrying podge :)

I watched the women's body building world championships and some of them ate something sugary (sweets/chocolate bar?) before going out to do there thing in front of the judges and one of the women said it was to make her veins pump up due to the sugar rush?

Maybe i heard wrong ;) But it's what it sounded like at the time.

Failing that, low body fat and muscle mass like already stated!

If your really intrested in the whole conditioning for a show with water and sodium manipulation and the like check out muscletalk and look for Dazc's threads from the last month or so.
He was in a comp and theres some quite detailed explanations of exactly what he done, I found it quite an intresting read.

I always thought they kept up their diet, they simply de-hydrated themselves to an extreme?

- Little water
- Bottle of wine the night before a competition (red, as that dehydrates the most, apparently?)
- and just before competing, stuff yourface with chocolate to get some sugar in your blood to promote vascularity

i could be completely off the mark ;p

Chest & Triceps today:

Pec Dec Warmup:
75KG x 6
82KG x 6
89KG x 6
96KG x 6

Incline DB Press (30degree I think):
3-4 Second Negatives:
30KG x 8
32.5KG x 8
35KG x 8
37.5KG x 6 (PB - Never inclined these before but felt strong)

Flat DB Press:
3-4 Second Negatives:
35KG x 7
32.5KG x 8
32.5KG x 8
30KG x 10

Dips:
3-4 Second Negatives:
Wide @ BW x 9
Wide @ BW x 7
Close @ BW x 6 (Assisted by my foot slightly for the last 2 reps)
Close @ BW x 5 (As above)

Pec Dec:
3-4Second Negatives:
75KG x 8
75KG x 8
75KG x 8

Chest Press Incline Dropset:
75KG - 15KG

Pec Fly Dropset:
75KG - 33KG

DB Kickbacks:
4 Second Negatives:
6KG x 8/8
8KG x 8/8
9KG x 8/8

Standing DB Skull Crusher:
4 Second Negatives:
20KG x 10
20KG x 8
22.5KG x 8

Plus numerous cable tricep pushdown with V handle, reverse grip with the bar and single arm with the handle.

Got a big pump today. Fatigued quite quickley but think the Incline took it out of me.

Had to drop my flat press weights down as my triceps tired before my chest. Deffinatley need to train for strength soon as it's holding me back in my presses.

On the plus side back up to 13Stone 7 lbs after hovering at 13.3 for ages.
Chest @ Pump = 45"
Arm Tricep Pump = Tad over 16"

Leaner on the whole :)

Hi guys. Got a couple of quick questions about nutrition but didn't think it was worthy of starting a new thread...

1. Where's the best place to buy dried fruits and various nuts in bulk? I've bought cashews and brazil nuts off MyProtein before but they don't do any dried fruit. I'm looking for a nice morning snack and it'd be handy to get it all from the same place to save on delivery!

2. Last night I cooked myself a nice little curry. I made it all from scratch, but it still felt really dirty and unhealthy eating it! The ingredients were; chicken (lots of it), onion, spring onions, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, pepper, chicken stock, peanut butter and some spices. Looking at the ingredients it all seems pretty dandy in my book, not too many carbs, nice bit of protein and only a splash of fat from the peanut butter. However there's something in my mind that's telling me it's still not healthy! I ate that with a small serving of brown rice. Would you say that's a fairly decent meal to be having perhaps once or twice a week?

Cheers.

Hi guys. Got a couple of quick questions about nutrition but didn't think it was worthy of starting a new thread...

1. Where's the best place to buy dried fruits and various nuts in bulk? I've bought cashews and brazil nuts off MyProtein before but they don't do any dried fruit. I'm looking for a nice morning snack and it'd be handy to get it all from the same place to save on delivery!

2. Last night I cooked myself a nice little curry. I made it all from scratch, but it still felt really dirty and unhealthy eating it! The ingredients were; chicken (lots of it), onion, spring onions, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, pepper, chicken stock, peanut butter and some spices. Looking at the ingredients it all seems pretty dandy in my book, not too many carbs, nice bit of protein and only a splash of fat from the peanut butter. However there's something in my mind that's telling me it's still not healthy! I ate that with a small serving of brown rice. Would you say that's a fairly decent meal to be having perhaps once or twice a week?

Cheers.

Not really sure where to get really cheap dried fruit I normally just check out the baking isle of the supermarket and see what theyve got.
That chicken curry is absolutly fine to be eating a few times a week its all good stuff and as long as it fits in with the sort of kcals you want then carry on.

Hiya guys, I'm training to be a life guard this week, and haven't been swimming much recently. In particular, my legs really hurt after having to swim 50m breaststroke legs while on my back (without my arms :(). Wondered if there are any exercises I can do at home tonight to help use these muscles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom