Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i have a ledge on my stairs at home, i always do one pull up every time i pass it, il take the advice on doing a 'set' to just before failure, im wondering whether its a good thing to be feeling like im about to pass out or am i doing damage

DOMS is delayed onset muscle soreness, dunno why i put an apostrophe between the m and s oops lol

yea i have a ledge on my stairs at home, i always do one pull up every time i pass it, il take the advice on doing a 'set' to just before failure, im wondering whether its a good thing to be feeling like im about to pass out or am i doing damage

DOMS is delayed onset muscle soreness, dunno why i put an apostrophe between the m and s oops lol

Are you holding your breath while doing pull ups? I think I did that when I first started doing then :o

cheers semi-pro/controller for the DOMS def.

no i breath in on the way up as it helps me lead with my chest and breath out on the way down

My breathing technique ain't amazing but its kinda good, u reckon this could be the cause

I just did a few pull ups and I breathe out on the way up and breathe in on the way down.

*edit* found some people discussing the dizzy/passing out feeling during pull ups:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113498361

Last edited:
Anyone here using an iron gym for pull ups?

I am a bit limited regarding space at home and the bar at the gym is full of monkeys doing it wrong all day long so i just bought one from ebay.
A few people at the gym said it was a pretty good piece of equipment so i pretty much took there word for it and i am hoping i wont regret it now lol

Anyway here it is if you don't know what i am talking about :: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400081308855

If that ebay link is not allowed, just say and i will remove it myself, simples.......

Anyone here using an iron gym for pull ups?

I am a bit limited regarding space at home and the bar at the gym is full of monkeys doing it wrong all day long so i just bought one from ebay.
A few people at the gym said it was a pretty good piece of equipment so i pretty much took there word for it and i am hoping i wont regret it now lol

Anyway here it is if you don't know what i am talking about :: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400081308855

If that ebay link is not allowed, just say and i will remove it myself, simples.......

haven't used the iron gym but used a similar one called powerbar which hooks onto the door frame.

Do a quick search for powerbar on this forum and you should find some info

Enroled for my 'Level 2 Gym Instructor' Course an hour ago. Got my packs to read. Most of the other lads were from a 'sports' background studying sports degrees etc. Not me though when asked what I was studying I don't think the reply 'Furniture' was what he was expecting! :p

Same level as GCSE science so I'll have to dig deep into my brain from 4/5 years ago:D

Hankering for powercleans today:

5X50
5X60
5X70
3X80 (PB)
8X50

Think I've got a bit more in me but I think my drop in weight is starting to impact some of my lifts (@67kg now - damn fitness training).

nice session today

db flat bench 37.5Kg *10reps 3 sets
incline db bench 30 Kg * 10reps 3 sets
seated Miltary BB press ( no back support) 35 Kg +BB * 8 3 sets

Bent over Row 47.5Kg 12 reps 2 sets + 1 set 8 reps
deadLifts 65 Kg +BB 15 reps
85 Kg +bb 10 reps * 2 sets
skullcrushers 25Kg + bb 10 reps * 3 sets
BB curl +bb weight 30Kg *10 , 35kg * 6 , 25Kg * 12

50 sits ups

Jobs a good'un

Deadlifts make me seriously out of breath is that normal?

Last edited:
nice session today

db flat bench 37.5Kg *10reps 3 sets
incline db bench 30 Kg * 10reps 3 sets
seated Miltary BB press ( no back support) 35 Kg +BB * 8 3 sets

Bent over Row 47.5Kg 12 reps 2 sets + 1 set 8 reps
deadLifts 65 Kg +BB 15 reps
85 Kg +bb 10 reps * 2 sets
skullcrushers 25Kg + bb 10 reps * 3 sets
BB curl +bb weight 30Kg *10 , 35kg * 6 , 25Kg * 12

50 sits ups

Jobs a good'un

Deadlifts make me seriously out of breath is that normal?

im quite surprised by the difference in your bench and BOR weights. BOR seems very week in comparison to bench.

whats this +bb business?

+barbell

the bor i do are also know as pendlay rows (palms up) i find that with slow correct form I get a good work out with them would like a pullup bar but not got round to getting one yet.Probably could go heavy on rows not tried

if you are doing 3x10 and not going heavy, why are you doing 3x10? the point is to reach your rep range, not be able to go over.

so its the weight plus the barbell?

yes

I hurt my lower back a while back and I do tend to be a little conservative with my back ( probably the reason i'm NOT getting big gains) Oh ok you have made me want to go do some more now and up the weight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom