Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how realistic doing legs in tonnes is unless you have leg press type machines. If you're doing it on squats, to get 20 tonnes you'd be doing 20 sets of 10 reps at 100kgs or 10 sets of 10 at 200kgs and I don't think anyone could keep up that sort of intensity.

Surely the 'fly' motion is no different from a the motion carried out during a lateral raise? The only difference being 45-90 degrees?

Rear delts are done on shoulder day for me, along with his two deltoid friends Mr Anterior Deltoid and Mr Lateral Deltoid (they're brothers :D)

Tbh, the whole concept of split body part days seems fundamentally flawed to me. Especially when it comes to shoulders because they get hit by so many different lifts.

Full body all the way for me :D

Gah my knee!! have been working upt o 70KG squats . today did 5 *5 with 70KG and now my left knee has a sharp pain in it at the front slightly to one side, but only if i go below parallel really upsetting me

:( bad times

Last edited:
Almost hate to say this but what about squatting using a smith machine - you can get below parallel with your thighs almost at only a right angle to your calf muscles, by starting with your feet further forward than normal and sitting back.

Pff don't know then. Front squatting would reduce the angle maybe? Or try do single leg dumbbell squats with the other leg on a bench.

I suppose though that the only real answer is to give your knees the proper rest and treatment.

I don't have any shakes pre workout as I found it slightly unsettled my stomach compared to normal food but I have a small cup of cooked white rice and 2 scrambles eggs about 45 mins before I start and it seems to keep me going. What do you have pre workout at the moment mate?

Thanks. Currently double scooping post workout, so will match it for now. What are your thoughts about having them pre workout too?

unless you're on a very strict diet, I always go for 2:1 carbs to protein post workout. especially if you do decent lifting and volume it's definately worth doing that. Although I do admit that I have maltodextrin and not oats(which absorb a lot slower)
as for pre workout I noticed that having a shake can make me go one or 2 extra reps on each set, I usually have one scoop of protein and 3/4 scoop of maltodextrin and I always feel the difference and a bit of extra energy so why not. :)

I don't have any shakes pre workout as I found it slightly unsettled my stomach compared to normal food but I have a small cup of cooked white rice and 2 scrambles eggs about 45 mins before I start and it seems to keep me going. What do you have pre workout at the moment mate?

Pre workout at the moment is one scoop of whey an hour before I train and then 1 serving of V-max Pump half an hour after that. A few hours before that is a can of tuna and some fruit.

Thanks. I'll up it slowly and see how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom