Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
90kg bench at 15? That's incredible. My 15yo brother wouldn't be able to lift 1/4 of that!

Imagine what that same lad will be lifting by the time he's 18...insane!

I think that class is good for getting your form spot on...

I'd then go and do my own thing and attend it once a month or every 8 weeks and see how my lifts were improving. Providing I had been training for strength.

Lack of squat rack has forced me back to Gym I have been training at home concentrating of basic lifts and in 4 months my DB Bench has gone from 2*30X10reps to 2*40KgX10 reps, and now my legs are going to love me back to squatting :)

I think that class is good for getting your form spot on...

I'd then go and do my own thing and attend it once a month or every 8 weeks and see how my lifts were improving. Providing I had been training for strength.

Yes I think I'm going to give the class 6 months and then move on. They all seem very into it. I find it a little strange no one has offered me a single bit of diet advice, which i thought would be the first thing to cover?

Yes I think I'm going to give the class 6 months and then move on. They all seem very into it. I find it a little strange no one has offered me a single bit of diet advice, which i thought would be the first thing to cover?

It is the most crucial aspect of training.

Doesn't matter if you build a car capable of 300mph, if you've not put petrol in it, it's not going anywhere.

You body needs the right fuel to grow. With it huge gains are within reach. Without it you're in for a world of wasted effort and frustration.

If you've not already ready the sticky.

The fact they've not mentioned diet to you at all is very strange, especially if he wants you to compete too. :confused:

How often is this class?

Hey all, I've been on and off training pretty much all of my life in one form or another (gym / boxing / climbing etc) but have not been doing much the last couple of years.

I've started going to the gym regularly again now, after noticing my belly getting bigger, doing the 3 day plan in the sticky.

My question is what do you do if you miss a day? Combine into another day or skip it altogether? I don't really have time to do another session if I miss one. Cheers

It is the most crucial aspect of training.

Doesn't matter if you build a car capable of 300mph, if you've not put petrol in it, it's not going anywhere.

You body needs the right fuel to grow. With it huge gains are within reach. Without it you're in for a world of wasted effort and frustration.

If you've not already ready the sticky.

The fact they've not mentioned diet to you at all is very strange, especially if he wants you to compete too. :confused:

How often is this class?

The class is 3 times a week Mon-Tue-Fri Lucky I'd done a little weight training before at home with some but not great results. I've spent some time reading about nutrition and reading on here so I think my diet is OK but if I'd been a noob at the gym how the hell can they expect anyone to lift without the right fuel. Its mad.

Last edited:
The class is 3 times a week Mon-Tue-Fri Lucky I'd done a little weight training before at home with some but not great results. I've spent some time reading about nutrition and reading on here so I think my diet is OK but if I'd been a noob at the gym how the hell can they expect anyone to lift without the right fuel. Its mad.

I find training at home really hard as I get easily distracted and I can't focus properly.

If you find some threads of people asking for critiques of their diets you should get the idea of what you should be eating.

Pre and Post workout nutrition is very very important. As is sleep and rest.

If you like post your diet up and we'll offer some advice on what, if anything, needs changing :) You could keep a detailed food log of everything you eat for the next 3 days and chuck that up. And I mean everything.

Already keeping a log. This is yesterday.

Breakfast porridge

mid morning 3 boiled eggs, 50g mixed nuts, banana, whey shake.

Lunch 2 chicken fillets, 60g wholemeal rice, peas, sweetcorn, olive oil, tomato.

Afternoon 50g nuts, Banana, whey shake, porridge

Dinner Qourn sausage, loads of veg.

later 6 weetabix

This is the same every day but i just change what i have with my main meal i.e salmon, chicken etc.

He wants you to compete? However I type this I know it will sound harsh but please believe me I don't mean it to be. But with a 235?kg total at 35 I wouldn't even be thinking about it, lads will be benching that :confused: Sounds like a bit of a micky mouse operation to me.
Get your form as good as possible over the next month or so then drop it imo.

Diet looks very clean by the way (what's the qourn sausage like :p?), but why have 6 weetabix "later" as in pre bed or?

He wants you to compete? However I type this I know it will sound harsh but please believe me I don't mean it to be. But with a 235?kg total at 35 I wouldn't even be thinking about it, lads will be benching that :confused: Sounds like a bit of a micky mouse operation to me.
Get your form as good as possible over the next month or so then drop it imo.

Diet looks very clean by the way (what's the qourn sausage like :p?), but why have 6 weetabix "later" as in pre bed or?

Quorn sausages are really nice cheap and full of protein. My stats on the big three as of training at home are squat 120kg deadlift 130kg and bench 65kg. I think hes stating me low and building it up over x amount of weeks. I feel i can lift loads more but ho hum lol.

I've no interest in competing at all I just want to be big and sexy that's all, as for the weetabix I'm always starving just before bed time, I no there no good for me but yum :D Any alternative?

Gave my shoulders an absolute blasting today.

Watched a video tutorial which had some interesting new things to try such as:

Single shrugs, shrugging one side up at a time allowed me to get a bigger contraction and as such a bigger burn :D

Circle Raises: My own name for them. Bring a DB up like a front raise and then round and down to the side. Alternate arms and repeat until tired. Then superset with side raises. Bigggg burn.

Along with these PC2PP, High Incline DB Press, Face Pulls, a small amount of HC2PP and 3 arm supersets curls,ext,curls,ext,curls,ext. Such a big pump in my forearms from the supersets I couldn't make a fist and had to wear my lifting straps to hold 7KG DB's!

Weighed in at 13stone 11lbs :) which is about 4lbs gain in 2 weeks. Could be due to a few things:

Having addressed my over training.
The recent addition of oats & cinnamon in my diet and general consumption of ludacris amounts of food pushing me over my maintenance calorie allowance. Currently eating £60 worth of food a week :eek: 2KG's of mixed veg have been demolished.
The addition of new exercises.

My mother managed to feed herself, me and my brother for less than £60 a week. God knows how!

Last edited:
Get rid of weetabix - it's no good. Have some cottage cheese and oatcakes before bed if you need a prebed snack. 6 weetabix is pointless and you'll just have lots of rubbish in your stomach during bed.

Yeah I've knocked the bix on the head. I had a good deadlift session yesterday managed 110 kg for five which is still frustrating as I've loads more in the tank:( The coach is increasing the weight by 5kg per week So i should hit 130-135 by Xmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom