Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone critique my diet please? I want to make sure I'm thinking on the right tracks! I'm in remission from cancer as of December, over the last 12 months or so I've lost quite a bit of weight so looking to add some mass. I currently weigh approx 130lb. My goal is to be 150-155lb by July.

I'm going to be doing the Ripptoe workout plan as I had some success with this a few years ago. - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw52.htm

My diet has to have minimal fat for medical reasons, I know this is going to affect my ability to gain weight but hey ho!

This is just an example of what I have in mind.

Breakfast - 07.00

Oats with 1/2 pint of skimmed milk
2 Slices of Toast with Cottage Cheese

Snack - 10.00

Muller Yoghurt
Small Sandwich with chicken/tuna or similar
Fortijuice (It's a drink that's been given to me from the hospital, approx 300 calories, includes a lot of the RDA of vitamins and 8g of milk protein)

Lunch - 13.00

Pasta Bake or Potato Salad with Tuna/Chicken or similar
1 Packet of Crisps

Snack - 16.00

Muller Yoghurt
1 piece of fruit
Fortijuice Drink

Dinner - 20.00

Chicken Breast/Steak or similar
Jacket Potato
Mixed Veg

Snack - 22.00

Ham and cottage cheese sarnie
Fortijuice Drink

Also going to try and drink as much milk as possible throughout the day and make sure my water intake is enough. Sure enough, going to make the meals as large as possible too, however my stomach is about the size of a golf ball at the moment so may take a while lol

ok I need nice mon/tues/wed/thurs split as those are the only days i can get to gym
anyone want to give me a routine pretty please.

Going to the gym soon again for another cardio session, did one yesterday and rowed 10,000m in 44minutes, 1km on cross trainer then swam 20 lengths. Normally I'd go on the treadmill but my legs a little knacked :( , I'll prob. try it tonight though :P

Friday:

T-Bar rows:

8x40kg+bar
8x60kg+bar
8x80kg+bar
8x100kg+bar
8x100kg+bar
4x100kg+bar, 6x80kg+bar, 8x60kg+bar, 10x40kg+bar (consecutive drop set)

Deadlifts:

10x100kg
8x140kg
8x160kg
6x180kg
4x200kg
2x220kg (new PB!)
6x100kg
6x100kg

Wide grip lat pull downs:

12x60kg
10x70kg
10x80kg
10x90kg
10x100kg

Narrow grip pull down:

10x70kg
10x80kg
10x90kg
10x100kg

3x5 BW chins to finish off.

So so so happy about those deadlifts. Really felt easy - first time I've had straps to give them a go I have to say that with straps it really does help a lot, although I have a very strong grip it meant I could concentrate on the lift. :) A big thanks to Tank for the gift - 250kg won't be far round the corner, I can feel it in my sinews! :D

I don't do things by half that's for sure! :D Working out with me pretty much kills you dead. But I haven't put on that 20lbs of lean muscle mass by doing 1/2 hearted attempts ;)

youve just motivated me to do legs and not take the day off... even though im still sore from deadlifts :( damn you

:D

I just joined my work gym this week, been 4 times already since Monday, had a day off to play 5 a sides.

It's not a great gym, I just go on the machines to be honest, there are dumbbells and a bench but I haven't gotten into using them yet as I'm fairly puny.

So any good routines for the machines? Or dumbbells? Or any advice for a newbie? I have read the sticky a few times, I eat good, rest good and sleep well already.

I just joined my work gym this week, been 4 times already since Monday, had a day off to play 5 a sides.

It's not a great gym, I just go on the machines to be honest, there are dumbbells and a bench but I haven't gotten into using them yet as I'm fairly puny.

So any good routines for the machines? Or dumbbells? Or any advice for a newbie? I have read the sticky a few times, I eat good, rest good and sleep well already.

start on the weights man, get yourself a routine and up your protein intake ;) and stick to it!

Well done with that massive deadlift there freefaller, as steve-h said it is motivating readin your workouts :D

Had quite a good shoulder/chest/tri session tonight although my right pec is a little sore now lol. Overhead press pb of 42.5kg for 5 reps left me pretty knackered!

Leg day tomor :p

I've eaten frequently , but not my own cooked food - normally I get in from work at 7 giving me plenty of time, now its been around 9 or later and I don't get around to cooking.

Last busy week at least, then 2 weeks off :D

Mate there's always time. It doesn't take long to cook something simple and nutritious. Though it's ok to have some cheat meals from time to time. :)

Thanks for the comments guys - I like pushing myself, but it's great that people feel motivated by my posts/workouts. :) It's fair to say that I'm going for it! :D

Tomorrow is going to HURT.

Got the keys to my house on Tuesday, have been working 7.30am-6.30pm last 3 days, and same again tomorrow, doing some pretty heavy building work. Was good fun running up and down the drive carrying bags of sand :cool: Body is aching like hell. Squats tomorrow :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom