Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not biscuits :p

I'm quite gutted...I'm missing my back day tomorrow...flying on a plane for the weekend :(

Not sure about that...I tend to eat a lot of Scottish type oatcakes with a protein shake bewteen meals sometimes.:D Not exactly what you would call tasty biscuits though:(

Does anyone else have particular workouts which they sort of dread? I would love to really spend loads of time and effort on my legs but always end up feeling sickly and wanting to give up like a big jessy. Always feel half hearted with leg routines. :(

Does anyone else have particular workouts which they sort of dread? I would love to really spend loads of time and effort on my legs but always end up feeling sickly and wanting to give up like a big jessy. Always feel half hearted with leg routines. :(

Arms and Abs. I've only just started forcing myself to do specific arm movement. Used to NEVER do them. I've not been able to force myself to do specific abs exercises yet though :p

Arms and Abs. I've only just started forcing myself to do specific arm movement. Used to NEVER do them. I've not been able to force myself to do specific abs exercises yet though :p

Just add a few sets of crunches and what not every other session or something...I'm doing this, and it's better than having a 'full' workout out specifically for your abs.

You should be using your abs in every exercise almost anyway :p

EDIT: I would have done tomorrows session today as I'm going away tomorrow, but I haven't had time really..packing and what not :(....ah well.

I love leg day but i HATE calf raises/calf whatevers. They totaly suck, ive tried countless methods, machine, barbell, seated... just all seem kinda ineffective like im not doing them right lol

Heavy weight...15 reps per set and try pausing at the top for 1-2 seconds. If they burn like mad..they willl grow.
In saying that...i actually stopped doing work on my calves cos they were getting too big for the rest fo my legs. Must be just my make-up I guess.

Heavy weight...15 reps per set and try pausing at the top for 1-2 seconds. If they burn like mad..they willl grow.
In saying that...i actually stopped doing work on my calves cos they were getting too big for the rest fo my legs. Must be just my make-up I guess.

Sound, will give that a go tomorow man :)

Apologies for another noobie question :p

Lifted from another thread in here, i saw the following;

Hammer Curls
Concentration Curls
Incline Seated Dumbell Curls

etc and i was wondering if there was one in particular that was best? If on my arms day I'm already doing say 5*10 hammer curls, is there any point at all in throwing in a different type of curl? By the end of the 5th set I'll generally be knackered, so is there a preffered one?

Also, similarly, on my chest/back day, I do 5*10 dumbell bench press. I do this at the start, and then sometimes at the end throw in some incline (barbell) bench press. Is this bad? Shold i just stick to one or the other seeing as they're both similar?

Thanks in advance to all the people (freefaller, UE, tank etc) helping out the nubs like myself :)

hammer curls then the like of barbell/concentration curls is OK to do together....hammer curls hit different parts than jjust the bicep. I tend to do sets of concentration curls and then hammer curls. Also on chest..I also do 4-5 sets of heavy flat bench...do some incline flys or so then do 4 sets of 45degree (or close) incline benching to try and give upper chest a good hitting. So its all good I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom