Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
monday- chest/tri
tues = legs
weds = shoulders /bi /abs
thutrs = back

that look ok or are all over splits better

I would stick a day rest between tuesday/wednesday of you can. Im usually pretty gashed the day a after a squating session.

When Im home I tend to do

Mon - Chest/Abs
Tues- Legs/Bi's
Thurs - Back
Fri - Shoulders/Tri's

Just now when Im away (work abroad 4weeks at a time), I do the same....but Sat/Sun/Tues/Thursday...as I have more free time at weekends.

could have been worse... could have fell to your knees and cried for your mum

like this kid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aMvoaFCMCI

LOLLLLL...thats brilliant! Mama..mama...hehe. And his mum is like WTF when she feels the 80Kg weight!

Last edited:
Any advice is welcomed here fellas and gals.

My other half wants to buy a machine to put infront of the 42" so she can get a bit of a workout in the evening whilst watching a movie. She is already a size 8 but wants it for "healthly on the inside" reasons.

I have suggested to her stationary bike. Would anything else be better such as an elliptical machine?

For me, I'll stick with going to the gym :)

My other half wants to buy a machine to put infront of the 42" so she can get a bit of a workout in the evening whilst watching a movie. She is already a size 8 but wants it for "healthly on the inside" reasons.

I have suggested to her stationary bike. Would anything else be better such as an elliptical machine?

cant you get her interested in going the gym with you?

i'd hate the thought of doing cardio indoors... thought of it bores me to tears:(

and that kid doin squats :D props to hiim for putting it online... I subscribed to his channel before... only i cant remember the name now, hes STRONG for his size!

monday- chest/tri
tues = legs
weds = shoulders /bi /abs
thutrs = back

that look ok or are all over splits better

I wouldn't recommend doing that much back-to-back. Your body grows, gets stronger/fitter in the rest period after exercise. So if you go back to the gym too soon you're re-starting that process before it has had a chance to do its job.

Even with a split routine you'll still be hitting more than just the target muscle groups. For example, on wednesday you're doing bis and shoulders, then on thurs you're doing back. But, virtually all back exercises will hit the biceps, hard, and all upper body exercises hit the shoulders to some extent. So the work you do on wed is getting wiped out on thursday.

I'd advise going three days a week, with a gap of at least 48 hours between gym visits. Or, if those are the only days available you'd probably make faster progress just going tuesday and thursday and doing a full body spilt. Something like this:

Tues:
Deadlifts
Pull-ups
Shoulder Press
Weighted Dips

Thurs:
Squats
Bent Over Rows
Bench Press
Upright Rows

Simple, effective and balanced. I've been making great progress with that routine doing it every third day.

Feel a bit gutted, wanted to squat 100kg x 5 today but only managed 3 reps which is the same as last week. On the plus they were all a bit below parallel. Wish i had someone screaming "1 MORE!!!!" lol

@ Fendi, a bike or cross trainer would be good, or drag her to the gym with you :)

I prefer a cross trainer type machine to a bike...find bike so boring. The other thing to think about is the cost...decent bike's, treadmills and x-trainers are expensive...especially if the are used for a bit then its another thing thats gets stuck in the corner of the bedroom or garage!
I know what you thinking...cos my wife has been on at me to get a treadmill to add to my home gym setup (already have x-trainer)....they are expensive for a decnt one...and I dont think she'll use very often.
LOL...to be honest...if she wants to exercise while watching movies..I wouldnt buy it at all! When Im woking out...even on x-trainer etc. I certainly coulndt pay attention to a film....so its really not the best for her inner being. Get her to the gym!

Chest/Abs sessions earlier

Flat Bench

W/U 60Kg x 15
90 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 8
95 x 7
95 x 6
Pretty disapointed...have been making the 10 reps even with 95...but just wasnt going up:confused:

Incline Flies

24Kg x 10 (four sets)
Supersetted with BW Wide Grip Pull Ups 10 reps...4 sets holding at top for 2 secs (Like to try add a mid week back exercise in)

Incline Bench

75 x 10
80 x 10
80 x 8
80 x 9

Weighted Dips

BW + 26Kg...10 reps for 4 sets (only 9 last set)

Supersetted with 4 sets of 10 hanging straight leg raise.

Weighted Crunches Using Pull Down Cable machine

40Kg x 12
40Kg x 12
40Kg x 12
43Kg x 10
43Kg x 10

10 Mins on Crosstrainer.

Last edited:
I need some ideas for meals. Getting bored of my current chicken fajita/rice and chicken. Not to mention it really stinks out the work place which isn't great for a customer.

Ive been eating a lot of tuna sarnies/pasta at the moment. Can get 8 tins of john west in springwater for a fiver in asda :)

Turkey is good too. Rice and pasta do tend to get boring especialy if your eating it the same time everyday.

I thought eating a lot of tuna not so healthy due to the mercury content? I've been on same old chicken and rice for a while now :p

How long rest should you be leaving in between working your legs? If I don't have DOMS a couple of days after my leg day, I get temped to throw in some squats again just a couple of days after - would this be OK or overtraining?

Ive been eating a lot of tuna sarnies/pasta at the moment. Can get 8 tins of john west in springwater for a fiver in asda :)

Turkey is good too. Rice and pasta do tend to get boring especialy if your eating it the same time everyday.

I've done the tuna thing, got bored pretty quickly, not to mention the healthy risks associated with it. Thanks.

Legand Bi's sesson today

Back Squats

W/U 60kg x 12

90Kg x 10
100 x 10
110 x 10
120 x 8
138 x 4
138 x 4...(plates were in lbs)
Drop Set 90Kg x 10

Split Squats

60Kg x 10 (Each leg)
60 x 10 (Each leg)
60 x 10 (Each leg)

SLDL

70Kg x 10
70Kg x 10
80Kg x 8
80Kg x 8

SS with Cable Biceps Curls

38Kg x 10
38 x 10
42 x 8
42 x 8

Leg Extension

105Kg x 10
105 x 9
105 x 8
105 x 10

Calf Raise (using Leg Press Machine)

165Kg x 12
165 x 12
165 x 10
165 x 10

Concentration Curls

22Kg...3 sets of 10 pausing at top for 2 seconds (8 last set)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom