Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlucky Mak, you have my respect for getting in there and giving it a go, most won't even get that far. An respect for wanting to do it again, some poeple would give up straight away.

You will learn from this though and come back better next time im sure. I look forward to seeing the vid :)

Unlucky Mak. You know what to expect next time :)

One of my friends got really into kickboxing during secondary school/sixth form and now occasionally teaches at the club he used to attend. He loved it and still does. I can imagine the buzz being quite addictive!

I've seen him hold his own quite a few times :eek: scary stuff.

Look foward to the video.

Can anyone recommend some good excercises I can do at home just using my own body, pressups etc. Short of funds for the next two months and still want to do some form of excercise that will keep me going till I can afford the gym again/

Back today. Focusing on pulling with my back and utilising biceps as little as possible.

WG Pull Ups:
BW x 6
BW x 6
BW x 5
BW x 5

Chin Ups:
BW x 5
BW x 5

Deadlifts:
60KG x 8
110KG x 6
150KG x 6
160KG x 6
170KG x 6

T-Bar Rows:
40KG x 8
50KG x 8
60KG x 8

Seated Row:
55KG x 8
65KG x 8
75KG x 6

Hammer Grip Behind the neck Pull Down:
68Kg x 8
75KG x 8
75KG x 8

Bent Over Raises:
7KG x 8
8KG x 8
8KG x 8

Hammer Grip DB Curls:
12KG x 8

21's Hammer Grip DB:
12KG x 7/7
12KG x 7/7

5 Minutes H.I.I.T on the rower.

Whats the best kind of alcoholic drink for to be drinking when trying to look after your stomach size

Thursdays is traditional drinking night for me...as well as other week days :D i usually drink like spirits with coke in or cider which are really bad as im trying to reveal my abs and obliques

Would wine be best?

Spirit and diet mixer is the best choice kcals wise

How did it go with the minimised bicep activation Benny?

Yeah, it was okay, the positives of the reps were a little bit slower while I focused on the motions. Eventually it'll become second nature and I won't have to think about it. From hanging I drew my shoulders back so shoulder blades were nice and close and then used my arms.

The movement of pulling the scapula's back and down is an exercise on it's own, 'shrug downs' if you've heard of them but with more weight than you can actually ****/rep.

A good reach/stretch right foward with the T-Bar rows and Seated row and then big contraction/squeeze with the back. Can feel it more in my back and less in my arms. Was nice not to be obstructed by my arm pump!

Have to be a bit careful as my rotator cuffs are prone to subluxations and drawing the shoulder blades together can sometimes give me little niggles and I can feel it going.

All in all a good session. Got the second weekend of my gym instructor course tomorrow and Sunday. So 2 days rest before legs get a beasting on Monday :)

How did it go with the minimised bicep activation Benny?

I try to do that on my back day by getting a "false" grip (thumb on the same side as fingers) when doing pullups and DB rows.

By the way, should I go to failure on each set?
I'm thinking mainly size, last set is definately failure + dropset, but the others I can probably squeeze one or 2 reps but don't bother, in order to save energy for the last set and go heavier. should I ignore that and go to failure on every set? (I'm thinking bench presses, squats, deadlifts, military presses, etc.)

I try to do that on my back day by getting a "false" grip (thumb on the same side as fingers) when doing pullups and DB rows.

By the way, should I go to failure on each set?
I'm thinking mainly size, last set is definately failure + dropset, but the others I can probably squeeze one or 2 reps but don't bother, in order to save energy for the last set and go heavier. should I ignore that and go to failure on every set? (I'm thinking bench presses, squats, deadlifts, military presses, etc.)

That mention of false grip reminds me of muscle ups http://www.beastskills.com/MuscleUp.htm

does anyone here try/do them?

Just had my first taste of L Glutamine...

I've had some rough shakes in my time but some of that stuff in my normal protein shake and I nearly died from shock.

I've been neglecting deadlift recently and got sick a few times so I figured I'd be terrible, but Freefaller is a constant reminder of their importance, so today I decided to man up and bash one out. And then do a deadlift session. I was pleasantly surprised because without real difficulty I did a PB, 140kg x 1 @ 75kg

Now there's some motivation to do them more!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom