Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alright but you've got to promise to actually lift some weights as opposed to just stare at me in awe :p

OT: H.I.I.T rowing and running the day after leg day is not advisable! My hamstrings are fried and barely capable of lifting my foot up off the floor!

Thanks fellas :)

I have to say though . . my body is aching today!

You know what your spotter's totals are? I'd be very interested to know :p
I don't, I'll be sure to ask him next time I meet him :D

I obvioulsy need to up my game - 2.5x bodyweight is immense...

Hmm let me see that would be 250kg squats. Surely I can do that no?! :confused: Why is it so difficult? :( I feel weak now :( It's not THAT heavy... ok it is a little, 1/4 of a tonne... but dammit....
What are you currently squatting FF? I think the psychological state has a very large role to play. I felt like I was going to crash and burn on 140KG but whilst I was doing it, it was completely different this time round. I got up to 130KG alone and I got that 'feeling' of not coming back up. But I soldiered on, mainly because Dave was spotting me I guess.

200KG is no piece of cake either, it's some serious weight to be squatting! As for the weight - bw discussion that's how I've worked out my progression for compound movements and it's how I will continue to progress. I add on muscle mass, the heavier I should be lifting. It's quite as simple as that.

Now comparing me someone almost double my weight, sure the variables differ but the point stands.

Our gym is closed up until 4th of January for us! Will be doing some BW training in the mean time :)

nice gym and nice squats DS!

missed out on the gym yesterday and gonna have to wait til sunday to get back in there! i suppose it's an excuse to have a nice break and a shed load of food at this festive time of year!

also gonna keep my eyes open on that strongman talk. im working on a couple of short films shooting in feb but if im free im up for it!

Merry xmas all, can't wait to tuck into all the christmas food, going to be about 2000calories in the space of an hour. Will eat well again for boxing day along with a couple nights good sleep and then hit some 1RMs as soon as I can get into the gym!

Mine started last night. No carp this year but lots and lots of fish, and lots left over. It's going to be a good few days of "bulking diet"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom