Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe, don't quote me 100% on this that if you are putting weight on at a nice a steady rate, not like 2kg a week (0.5kg muscle 1.5kg fat). Your body given the correct diet will easily be able to cope with what you throw at it joints and ligaments wise.

Hi, i don't have long to live, my BMI says i am morbidly obese. Can we get freaky?

Something along those lines?

No no no, do you date?

You wait till they say "im fat" or "im trying to lose weight" Then you go "yeah apparently im morbidly obese" To which they hopefully reply (they will if they're even slightly interested) "oh your not fat!". Then you pretend, very obviously, to scratch your shoulder, hitching your sleeve up for a subtle flex. If they seem impressed you can go for the whole "feel my man boobs" thing (obviously assuming you have more pec than titties) they love that.

Fact is if you can get a woman to grope you, your in.

Quick bit of advice needed tonight is my deadlift night, but last thursday I pulled the top of my right quad over stretching for a ball while playing football, it feels 95% better now but do you think I should deadlift tonight or leave it a bit longer?

What effect does alcohol have when you are trying to get fit? Is a couple of beers on a friday/saturday ok, or should alcohol be cut out all together? (I'm trying to get weight/bulk up abit)

Alcohol is very calorific some more than others eg 1 pint of lager is nearly 200 kcal for comparison a mars bar is 290 kcal, so if you drink 6 pints on a friday night + a takeaway on the way home like most people do and youve consumed a lot of calories in a short time.
If you have a decent diet the rest of the week then a few pints at the weekend wont really hurt moderation is the key.

Alcohol is very calorific some more than others eg 1 pint of lager is nearly 200 kcal for comparison a mars bar is 290 kcal, so if you drink 6 pints on a friday night + a takeaway on the way home like most people do and youve consumed a lot of calories in a short time.
If you have a decent diet the rest of the week then a few pints at the weekend wont really hurt moderation is the key.

Indeed, just don't go out and get sloshed every weekend.

I'm currently in the process of cutting back actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom