Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always feel bad trying one rep max, but I think it might motivate me to lift heavier. 100k squat and dead lift should easily be within me, perhaps 75k bench. I sort of feel like I'm cheating by doing it.

Is it best to do a one rep max at the very beginning when you're less tired, or more towards the middle or end once you're warmed up but have lost a bit of energy? I'd be leaning more towards middle, but I guess everyone is different.

Usually you build up to a 1 rep max...

So maybe something like 10, 5, 5, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 etc until you max out

has anyone else noticed lately how they seem to be lifting more?

My lifts in the last few weeks have been brill. and coupled with the fact that i don't go as often now due to being a daddy feeling pretty positive come 2010 when i get to go back 4days a week :D

Benching 120k in reps of 10 1 RM 160k

Deadlifted 500lb TWICE the other day so gonna be going for 510lb hopefully tonight, fingers crossed.

Just squat i haven't been able to load up due to gym :(

Whats more i've lost half a stone :D

Been reading this forum section and CANNOT believe there is someone openly admitting to taking Steroids.

How can the forum let this happen ?

Its gonna encourage younger kids to think its ok.

Whats the guys name ? Ultra Extreme ? I seen the photos and they dont seem to have done much.

Surely in a sports forum, and especially a family one the dons would try and stamp this sort of thing out?

Been reading this forum section and CANNOT believe there is someone openly admitting to taking Steroids.

How can the forum let this happen ?

Its gonna encourage younger kids to think its ok.

Whats the guys name ? Ultra Extreme ? I seen the photos and they dont seem to have done much.

Surely in a sports forum, and especially a family one the dons would try and stamp this sort of thing out?

Anabolic steroids are Class C drugs to be sold only by pharmacists with a doctor's prescription. It's legal to possess or import steroids as long as they're for personal use. But possession or importing with intent to supply (which includes giving them to friends) is illegal and could lead to 14 years in prison and an unlimited fine.

As said...they are not illegal. :)

Going for squats tonight. My traps and lower back are still a bit tender from Weds DL's though, it is lactic acid and not DOMs I think. I'm going to take a rough guess that I'll be able to push for 80kgx10, but will be starting with just the bar to practice form and work my way up :)

No worries :)

Most people do instantly think "Steroids! Illegal!"...It's just how they have been reported over the years I guess.

It is quite funny how he came in here trying to act all high and mighty just to have been flattened.

I seen the photos and they dont seem to have done much.

Care to post some pictures of yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom