Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
alcohol is fine in moderation. For many people, myself included, alcohol versus no alcohol is no contest, without alcohol i go somewhat insane, sure you cut the binge drinking but if a beer with dinner makes you a happier person all round its likely to do more good than harm

Great session for me tonight after my back pull on Monday. Triceps feel :eek:

Bench Press
70K x 10
80K x 10
90K x 10
100K x 10
110K x 10
130K x 1
140K x 1
145K x 0

Incline Dumbbell Press
35K x 10
40K x 10
45K x 10

Parallel Bar Dips
10K x 10
10K x 10
10K x 10

I've benched 140K for 3 reps before but I was around 17st at the time. Wasn't easy tonight but I'm nearly 2st lighter so it's a massive bodyweight PB. Had a bash at 145K about a minute later and failed big time.

I've been eating at maintenance level for the last 8 weeks, which is just under 2300 calories, so I'm looking forward to seeing some big strength increases when I start eating more.

Awesome lifting there PK!

I finaly got a 100kg deadlift tonight for 3 reps, was well stoked.

Thats me hit 100kg on squat and deadlift in this month :)

It felt strong going up too, not shakey so ill add another 5kg next back day.

Awesome lifting there PK!

I finaly got a 100kg deadlift tonight for 3 reps, was well stoked.

Thats me hit 100kg on squat and deadlift in this month :)

It felt strong going up too, not shakey so ill add another 5kg next back day.

Well done that man, :cool:

Those are also my targets for the coming months.

Just need to get a new barbell set so I can safely deadlift in the garage instead of wondering if my ceilings going to collapse if I drop the weights:p

If you don't start imagining it it will never happen! It's not easy even when you can do it :p

Awesome lifting there PK - I've managed to trap a nerve in my neck last night so I'm going to be out of action for a few days/weeks :/ :( :mad:

I'm aiming for 100kg on the benchpress for now , then I'll start thinking about 140kg :p
Back in September I was just about getting up 60kg, now my PB is 80kg for a couple so getting closer at least.

I'm aiming for 100kg on the benchpress for now , then I'll start thinking about 140kg :p
Back in September I was just about getting up 60kg, now my PB is 80kg for a couple so getting closer at least.

100 isnt that much. Once you get there...youll wonder why it was that hard! Its one of these things! Keep workin...it will come soon.

Im highly hacked off this week...I think im going to have to stop all training for a week or two to see if I can get rid of problem with one of my shoulders. I woke up after a fairly heavy squating session one day and it was sore. That was 4 weeks ago...and its now at its worst! Its highly effacted when benchpressing especially. Very annoying...just when im making good headway.
Im not sure its a muscle...maybe tendin or something. Any recommenedations to help/speed up damaged body parts??

I'd be interested to hear peoples thoughts on Baked Beans. Random I know. Just had some for lunch as I didnt have much in the cupboards and had a heavy night out last night.

Around 20 grams of protein, 10 of sugar and about 35 of carbs per tin.

I'm sure someone must have a bit more knowledge on them. Obviously I'm not going to start sourcing my protein from baked beans :p I heard they contain quite a lot of zinc(good for joints?)? Supposedly brain food too?

Did some dead lifts last night, for the first time in years. Back hurts like hell today.

Assisted Pullups:
10x40kg
10x40kg
10x40kg
(weight is weight assisting, BW is 112.5kg)

Reverse Fly:
10x35kg
10x40kg
10x40kg
10x35kg

Dead lifts:
10xbar (form practice)
10x60kg
10x80kg
10x90kg
10x60kg (DS/warmdown)

Incline bench (on smith):
10x60kg
5x80kg
5x80kg
10x60kg

Battered after that, and had to rush off to meet someone anyway. I reckon I could push a lot more on the DL's, I was playing safe and didn't have a belt on (need to buy one first!)

Squats on Friday, providing the lone squat rack is not hogged by someone.

I'd be interested to hear peoples thoughts on Baked Beans. Random I know. Just had some for lunch as I didnt have much in the cupboards and had a heavy night out last night.

Around 20 grams of protein, 10 of sugar and about 35 of carbs per tin.

I'm sure someone must have a bit more knowledge on them. Obviously I'm not going to start sourcing my protein from baked beans :p I heard they contain quite a lot of zinc(good for joints?)? Supposedly brain food too?

Beans are generally healthy to be perfectly honest, just don't base you're diet around them :p

Obviously thing's like kidney beans are better I would presume.

Only thing with baked beans to be careful of is the sugar content really.

Sugar or salt? Probably has both to be fair :p

Had a leg and shoulder session today :)

Looooooooove my shoulder sessions, don't know why!

I did a chest session on Monday as well, so I'll clarify I seem to have got a decent enough technique down for it now, as my pecs are a tad on the sore side...in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom