Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I failed tonight. Only managed 2 circuits of my 8. Felt crappy before i went but didn't want to call it off cause that's the start of a steep hill. At least i tried, i guess. Paid him full price for the session anyway and rescheduled for tomorrow night. Hopefully i'll feel better. Feel like i've really let myself, and my pt, down. I dont even know what it was. Dentist pumped my face with pain killers just before 5, so that probably doesnt help. The running went fine but as soon as i started lifting i felt really heavy around the middle. Odd and sickening.

Hopefully everyone gets off days?

Hurt my forearm again doing one arm bent over rows 3rd time now well I wont be doing that exercise again well certainly not with me 60's not worth the pain. I'll be doing my chest and legs later see how my forearm takes to all the chest exercises, been doing loads of decoration striping walls and what not seems to of loosened up the muscles in my forearm a little bit.

For all you Rugby lovers check out my mates arm, he got stomped on in a scrum or something he plays for Littlehampton RFC:cool:.

007qxv.jpg

He has a wonderful history of war wounds lol nothing broken just strained or deep cuts involving 20 plus stitches crazy mofo lol

Took last week off as I started a new job, and just wanted to get used to a decent sleeping pattern before I train again...

Started up again today with Chest and erf, love the feeling :D...Weird how only one week off makes you 'that' much weaker.

Had a bit of a 'mare at the gym today, first time I'd been in the evening for ages as I usually go at lunch but couldn't today

It's full of kids who just crowd round the weights

Anyway was benching, only doing 50kg as I wasn't with my training partner so no one to spot, was really comfortable with it so went up to 60kg, and on the 5th rep, my arm just buckled and I couldn't move it so called for help but all these kids just stood there looking :mad: had to lower it onto my chest until some guy ran over and helped me

My own fault I know, but my chest kills now whenever I breath in or any sudden movements cause of that weight resting on it, certainly learned that lesson the hard way

Had a bit of a 'mare at the gym today, first time I'd been in the evening for ages as I usually go at lunch but couldn't today

It's full of kids who just crowd round the weights

Anyway was benching, only doing 50kg as I wasn't with my training partner so no one to spot, was really comfortable with it so went up to 60kg, and on the 5th rep, my arm just buckled and I couldn't move it so called for help but all these kids just stood there looking :mad: had to lower it onto my chest until some guy ran over and helped me

My own fault I know, but my chest kills now whenever I breath in or any sudden movements cause of that weight resting on it, certainly learned that lesson the hard way

Did that once with 95Kg....I completely maxed out the reps and the last I couldnt get up. I was in my garage at the time...using a power rack and had been lazy and hadnt set the safety bars correct. Lowered the weight to my chest and Bloody hell I had a panic....and of course...no one was there to help. Just didnt have any enegy left to push it back up. Cant remember how I got out...think I kindof roled the 95Kg down my body and slid out. It was painful though!
Lesson learned...I never do any heavy stuff in rack without setting the bars properly:)

Glad I'm not the only one hehe

Was slightly embarassing

My chest feels awful this morning though, constantly feels like I've got someone sat on me. Oh well, even more reason to make sure I have a spotter

And damn toxic, they are some awesome asses in that picture :D Took me about 2 minutes longer than it should have done to finish this post, kept getting distracted :p

Witnessed a chap the other week incline dumbell pressing with 60kg dumbells, fairly big guy. Went for his 6th rep and completely failed, ended up dropping both dumbells onto his training partners feet who was spotting.

End result, 3 broken toes in the left foot and 2 broken toes and 3 toenails destoryed in the right foot.

Was not a pretty sight

Holy moly.

Another new PB on the bench pressing. Managed 17.5 either side, so with a 20kg bar thats 55kg x 4reps

Woo for me (edit just read FF does 140kg...kind of ruins how excited i was :()

My aim is to be able to bench my own weight (currently 70kg)

Oh and i have started to get a little pot belly, wtf is that all about ? :(:(

Last edited:
BW benching is a fantastic achievement tbh. So keep at it... don't judge yourself by other people's abilities, compare them to your previous efforts. Then in a few years you'll look back and then realise what you've been able to do. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom