Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Banana flavoured whey with L-Glutamine and L-Leucine is possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever had the misfortune to taste :(

Random I know, but well worth posting for anyone else who will be putting this combination together

I'm trying to concentrate my chest a lot more as this is the area where I fell I lack size. I have a problem though, whenever I do barbell bench, my left pec always feels a lot more "worked" than my right - and i can notice a size difference between the two (no im not paranoid there is certainly a difference). Even when doing Dumbell press, my right just doesn't seem to be put under the same strain as my left.

Anyone else had something like this before? Any reccommendations?

EDIT: Oh and my spotters haven't noticed anything wrong with my form, even when I've asked them to check.

Last edited:
Well, my 10 trips to the gym since last Monday have really come back to bite me in the arse, especially as i've probably spent most of it kicking a bag.

Seems the few times I've caught the bag with my left foot, added to the fact that it was blistered from kicking with my right has meant my ankle has given up all hope. I have legs tomorrow and not quite sure what to do, I'm kinda thinking Squats/Deads should be ok though as I won't be hyperextending the foot and it's fine to stand on!

What exercises are you doing for upper body and for how many reps?

I personally wouldn't do chest, triceps and shoulders all in one day.

Monday (Chest/Shoulder/Triceps)
Flat Bench Press – 3x8
Incline Dumbbell Bench – 3x8
Skull Crushers – 3x8
Close Grip Bench Press – 3x8
Seated Barbell Shoulder Press -3x8
Lateral Dumbbell Raises – 3x8

Wednesday (Back/Biceps)
Dead lifts – 3x8
Bent over one arm Dumbbell rows – 3x8
Lat pull downs - 3x8 -
Barbell Bicep Curl -3x8 -
One arm Dumbbell hammer Curls – 3x8

Friday (Legs/Abs)
Barbell Squats – 3x8
SLDL - 3x 8
Dumbbell Lunges – 3x8
Barbell Calf Raises-4x10

You're doing the same number of exercises for your chest as you are triceps.

Remember your triceps are heavily involved in pressing movements. I would add another chest exercise in there to be honest. I'm not really convinced you'll need two for triceps an shoulders either

yesterday's workout:

leg press 8x170kg, 8x180kg, 8x190kg
bench press 8x85kg, 8x90kg, 8x95kg (not including weight of bar)
dumbell flyes 8x36kg, 8x38kg, 8x40kg
military press 8x70kg, 8x75kg, 8x80kg
shrugs 8x47.5kg, 8x50kg, 8x52.5kg (each arm)
upper chest 8x65kg, 8x70kg, 8x75kg (not including weight of bar

8x95+ bar = 115kg if it's a standard olympic bar. That's pretty damned good going!!!!

40kg DB flies is just monsterous! How do you not rip your arms out of their sockets?! I'm in awe!!

Though only 190kg on leg press is a bit weak IMO. I'd be expecting at least 300kg minimum for someone of your strength - unless of course you don't do much leg work ;)

I think we have a new beast in town! Impressive stuff. What are some of your PBs? How I missed you posting before I don't know. Give us some stats!!

/me feels small and weak.

8x95+ bar = 115kg if it's a standard olympic bar. That's pretty damned good going!!!!

40kg DB flies is just monsterous! How do you not rip your arms out of their sockets?! I'm in awe!!

Though only 190kg on leg press is a bit weak IMO. I'd be expecting at least 300kg minimum for someone of your strength - unless of course you don't do much leg work ;)

I think we have a new beast in town! Impressive stuff. What are some of your PBs? How I missed you posting before I don't know. Give us some stats!!

/me feels small and weak.

Indeed. Some very strange numbers there though. As said 40kg flies would be totally impossible for me without serious injury, but then only 50kg shrugs??? and the leg press would be comparitively weak even if it was one legged.

Good going, but have you got any videos of these flies mate?

I mean I can push up the stats in my sig any day of the week bu some of those reps and exercises are impressive. 115kg I can do 6-8 without too much fuss, but it's still damned impressive considering the rest of the exercises are so strong too.

The guy my training partner buys his supps from is actually a monster. Obviously on the gear but the guy is ridiculous. Pete, my training partner has seen him pressing 80KG dumbbells for reps and he apparently uses 60KG dumbells for flies! I'd say I'll believe it when I see it, but he really is huge. 17 stone of nothing but pure muscle.

Okay how does this seem then? Maybe I should drop on or two exercises?

Mon - chest/shoulders
Bench press
Dumbell Incline
Chest Fly
Dumbell shoulder press
lateral raises

Wed - back/triceps
deadlifts
dumbell Rows
lat pull downs (want to replace these with pull ups as I get stronger)
skull crushers
close grip bench press

Fri - legs - biceps
Barbell Squats
SLDL
Dumbbell Lunges
Barbell Calf Raises
bicep curl
hammer curl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back