Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Just start on a decent weight, or just the bar by itself. Then move up to bigger weights. I can just about do 90kg but that takes a LOT of effort and concentration. Start slow. Small steps and all that. :)

Nice bodyweight workout there, i think i might have a go at that at home one day, wish i had a swiss ball though. Perhaps i'll just do reverse crunches & crunches to substitute.

I made my decision and had a talk with james over on MT and im currently now 6days into my cut to get this fat off and see whats underneath. So i can have a good base to lean bulk from next time.
Diet is quite good, with a different diet for each day of the week, which so far seems to be giving me good variation and not making me so hungry. I am allowed 1 cheat meal per week which i wont use unless i really am craving something.
So this is the start of hopefully losing a good amount of fat and hopefully getting abs.

I made my decision and had a talk with james over on MT and im currently now 6days into my cut to get this fat off and see whats underneath. So i can have a good base to lean bulk from next time.
Diet is quite good, with a different diet for each day of the week, which so far seems to be giving me good variation and not making me so hungry. I am allowed 1 cheat meal per week which i wont use unless i really am craving something.
So this is the start of hopefully losing a good amount of fat and hopefully getting abs.

Good luck mate sounds like youve got it all sorted

yesterday's workout:

leg press 8x170kg, 8x180kg, 8x190kg
bench press 8x85kg, 8x90kg, 8x95kg (not including weight of bar)
dumbell flyes 8x36kg, 8x38kg, 8x40kg
military press 8x70kg, 8x75kg, 8x80kg
shrugs 8x47.5kg, 8x50kg, 8x52.5kg (each arm)
upper chest 8x65kg, 8x70kg, 8x75kg (not including weight of bar

i get the impression that the flyes are xKG total for both DBs, not each arm?

military press, on a machine? or 80kg total with bar, or, 80kg without bar (making it 100kg)?

yesterday's workout:

leg press 8x170kg, 8x180kg, 8x190kg
bench press 8x85kg, 8x90kg, 8x95kg (not including weight of bar)
dumbell flyes 8x36kg, 8x38kg, 8x40kg
military press 8x70kg, 8x75kg, 8x80kg
shrugs 8x47.5kg, 8x50kg, 8x52.5kg (each arm)
upper chest 8x65kg, 8x70kg, 8x75kg (not including weight of bar

Up your sets! other than your leg press you have some very impressive lifts there daztrouk:cool:.

Try flat bench cable flys with 80-90 kilos stacks on each arm:p:D.

I've been looking at a home gym setup (mainly just bench, barbell and dumbells), and I'm staggered how much these lumps of iron cost.

There are 50kg (thats all i would need really, as its mainly for the holidays) cast iron sets (includes barbell and dumbells) for £80, but the distribution of weight is shocking, 6*5kg so you cant load up all of them onto the dumbells because it needs to be a multiple of 4 surely? Then adding more plates at about £30 for 20kg.

Dont get me started on vinyl - you cant load the bars up because there isnt enough space :(

I've tried looking second hand but of course on the bay, everything is pickup only.

Has anyone got any reccommendations on where to look? The bench must be foldable and doesnt have to be expensive - it will only be used during the school holidays.

not looking at more than £150 (I know, stingy budget - but it doesnt have to be top quality)

I'm really hoping to find something second hand because at the end of the day, weights are weights.

I was kind of hoping a £60 bench would be ok for occasional use.

such as this which can be had for £60:

http://www.yorkfitness.com/Benches-item-241/York-500-Bench.html

My mate has this bench, its not very stable, the back board wobbles slighty because of the hinge thing.

Wouldnt recomend it but if its for occasional use then it could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom