Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our canteen is so cheap here that it makes sense to buy the baguettes here, but at the same time, there ingredients are very limited in terms of what I can eat or that isnt really unhealthy, so I stick with those two things just because I love tuna :p

Ah here he is :)

Hi mate, apart from the bread, does the diet look ok to you?

I must admit, things like baguettes are mainly in there as I'm being lazy and not preparing stuff the night before so i'd be more than happy to replace the bread

It looks ok, though as I said I'd get rid of the bread, and you don't need that go-ahead bar. I presume there are more fruits and veg in that diet too?

For snacks nuts and raisins are great - you can replace some of the bread with oatcakes if you want that sort of snacky stuff.

If you want to put your tuna mayo with something, pre-prepare a jacket potato and take in with you at work and give it a quick blast in the uwave - works really well.

Longrain Rice/wholewheat pasta is easily prepared too. Just keep away from the sugary and thick artificial cheesy sauces.

I've pretty much secured a deal for a York bench, 50kg vinyl set (with dumbell handles and barbell), 2x25kg discs and floor mats for £60. Really chuffed. :D I'll post some pics when I pick it up tomorrow.

Last edited:
Could I ask what your training plan and diet is? I'm trying to shift the excess of my uni career as I'm just a slim guy with a belly, but whilst I've seen results, I'm really struggling to get anywhere near where I want to be.

Wake 30g whey protein powder in water
Breakfast 6.30am Porridge: 30g oats + 150ml skimmed milk + tbsp dried fruit

6 x liquid egg whites 200ml fresh fruit juice

8.30am 80g chicken breast

100g low fat natural yoghurt

Item fruit

Drink water

11.00am 120g tuna / mackerel / salmon

Mixed salad + tbsp sunflower seeds

Drink water

2.00pm Oat shake: 30g oats + 30g whey protein powder in water

Handful mixed nuts

Item fruit

Drink water

5.00pm 200g cottage cheese

Item fruit

Drink water

7.30pm 120g chicken breast or 120g white fish

20g basmati rice / couscous or small sweet potato or 1-2 small boiled new potatoes Loads of veg

Drink water

9.00pm 30g whey protein powder in water Handful mixed nuts Item fruit Drink water

Bedtime 200g cottage cheese

Thats an example of 1 day of my diet, thats a sunday with no training and no work, diet is slightly different when i go to the gym and when i am in work

Just thought I would give you guys a heads up as to a new supplement from PhD Nutrition - Pharma 6.

They're version of BSN's Syntha 6 from what I hear. So you've got your time relased proteins etc etc, basically the same thing but PhD's version. I understand its to come in 5lbs tubs(90 scoops), so double the amount of Syntha 6 and for an RRP of around £45, but should be able to get your hands on it for nearer the £37 mark. So double the amount of BSN's Syntha 6 for around £10 more.

I've heard this from the shop I buy supplements from, the guy owns the distribution rights to PhD products in Lincoln, so it should be fairly accurate information. Released today but isn't on their website just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom