Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate has this bench, its not very stable, the back board wobbles slighty because of the hinge thing.

Wouldnt recomend it but if its for occasional use then it could do.

I've got a cheap pro power bench, and even that does not wobble...Probably due to the way it is held up, probably different.

Works though.

You could get a half decent bench that does incline/decline, and some weights for £150...Just depends how heavy you want the weights to be.

Yeah, and Morba, I'm not such a tank as you, so less weights are required, thus keeping the cost down :D. For the holidays it'll be just upper body stuff, the squats/deadlifts will be for when i get back to school, so just barbell, dumbells and bench required really. If I get these 4 10kg discs for 25kg that'll be a big step :).

My max bench is only about 80kg, so the weights wont have to be more that about 65 I would have thought.

You dont need to be a tank fella :p
gyms give you lots of weight, which isnt just for when you want to lift a lot, its great for not needing to keep changing weights on bars.
It also gets you out of your house, which is better for motivation

Delvis - £150 should last him quite a while, imo would be a better spend.
When the money runs out? would hope that he would be earning to keep going... gym is for life, not for summer :p

You dont need to be a tank fella :p
gyms give you lots of weight, which isnt just for when you want to lift a lot, its great for not needing to keep changing weights on bars.
It also gets you out of your house, which is better for motivation

Delvis - £150 should last him quite a while, imo would be a better spend.
When the money runs out? would hope that he would be earning to keep going... gym is for life, not for summer :p

If he can afford it then fair enough.

If he's like me and can't really, or just does not want to frequent the gym, then a small home setup will suffice while he is off school as he said.

Personally I'd like to goto the gym, I'd just rather go with someone I guess....Probably the fear of attempting to lift puny weights infront of people I don't know? (:p)...It's the long day's I've taken up that put me off at the moment.

we all lift puny weights at the start and to a lot of people we lift puny weights for our 1rm ;]
there is someone out there that warms up with all of our 1rm's, thats for sure

Indeed :)

Just getting home when I do after work, with what little time I have left before I goto bed really does not help my enthusiasm lately...I'll get into the swing of thing's hopefully.

we all lift puny weights at the start and to a lot of people we lift puny weights for our 1rm ;]
there is someone out there that warms up with all of our 1rm's, thats for sure

squat.jpg

This made me lol :D

Yup, well diet is nailed because its from James, and thats the most important. Just got to keep my training intense and do the required cardio. Hopefully in 2 months time i could be looking a lot better.

Could I ask what your training plan and diet is? I'm trying to shift the excess of my uni career as I'm just a slim guy with a belly, but whilst I've seen results, I'm really struggling to get anywhere near where I want to be.

My diet isn't bad though, I wouldnt have said so anyway, see what you lot think

7am - 100g oats or 3 weetabix, 30g Whey, and a yoghurt

10am - Banana, and another small serving of oats with semi skimmed milk, 10am is tricky for me as I get very little time

12pm - Tuna mayo and sweetcorn sandwich on wholemeal bread, 30g Whey

1pm - Workout

2pm - Brown baguette with either tuna and salad or beef with horseradish and red onion, go ahead bar and 30g Whey

4.30pm - 3 eggs scrambled, with chicken slices on brown toast

7pm - Usually a chicken breast with veg or some sort of pasta/rice dish

9.30pm - 100g of low fat cottage cheese with a pint of milk

Surely that isn't considered dirty bulk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom