Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so what is your day spent doing?

Get up at six, leave the house between 7 / 7:30, to get to work for 8:30....then I work till 5:30. Takes about an hour or so to get home.

By which time I'm actually knackered...And I try and go to bed before 11...Sometimes thing's happen in the evening, and I just don't get a lot of time to do my weights =/...Sucks really.

I'd like a job closer to home....but it took me since October to land this one :(

Get rid of bread altogether IMO.

Hmm....That's my issue...I can't seem to get food for lunch and break times at work that do not require bread, good bread, but still bread. Which is obviously carbs...

Also, what could I change my cashew nuts for? I think they are giving me an issue (health wise) so I'm going to try cutting them out of my diet for now, see if it helps me.

Theres always Rasins I guess...? Any other snacky thing's?

Almonds/Walnuts would be a good substitute for Cashews!

Can you not make something with Wholegrain Pasta/Rice instead of bread?

Sorry...I meant to say pretty much cut out nuts :) For various reasons I shant go into as it will turn into a medical debate then :p

I guess...Just got to put a time aside in the evenings to do something every day.

Even wholegrain pasta is reasonably carb heavy though.

Oh right, didn't realise you were attempting to cut down on carbs, thought you were complaining about the processed bread :p.

Carbs aren't really an issue, unless you are extremely carb sensitive but many people prefer to cut out bread due to the processing/refining that takes place!

You can't replace nuts unfortunately, not easily anyway! They are probably the best source of good fats to that degree, plus the protein! You could always snack on smoked mackeral :p

Oh right, didn't realise you were attempting to cut down on carbs, thought you were complaining about the processed bread :p.

Carbs aren't really an issue, unless you are extremely carb sensitive but many people prefer to cut out bread due to the processing/refining that takes place!

You can't replace nuts unfortunately, not easily anyway! They are probably the best source of good fats to that degree, plus the protein! You could always snack on smoked mackeral :p

Hm ok, I see you're point :)

I guess if I don't go crazy on the pasta etc it should be ok...I was merely trying to cut out the carbs, as I have a fair amount as it is with the bread.

yeah I know, but I need to cut the nuts out to see if they sort this problem out...Might have to start munching raisins again then :p

Hm ok, I see you're point :)

I guess if I don't go crazy on the pasta etc it should be ok...I was merely trying to cut out the carbs, as I have a fair amount as it is with the bread.

yeah I know, but I need to cut the nuts out to see if they sort this problem out...Might have to start munching raisins again then :p

keep in mind raisins are packed full of sugar so you dont want to be eating too many

What are people's opinions on sardines? Yeah they're rank but I got some in tomato sauce and it has per 100g: 17g protein, 11g fat, ~2kg carbs ! Lots of fish oils etc... good for a cut as the last meal/snack before bed ?

edit: especially asking in reference to GordyR's thread - i.e. very low carbs and high protein/high-ish fats..

What are people's opinions on sardines? Yeah they're rank but I got some in tomato sauce and it has per 100g: 17g protein, 11g fat, ~2kg carbs ! Lots of fish oils etc... good for a cut as the last meal/snack before bed ?

edit: especially asking in reference to GordyR's thread - i.e. very low carbs and high protein/high-ish fats..

lot of carbs.... :p

i quite like them, tend to have either a shake or chicken as last meal before beds tho

Sardines, makarell are fantastic fish and great a snack as you can get tins of the stuff which keeps for a long time - great to bring into work for a quick snack. I have a good dozen or so in my cupboard.

As for carbs you dont' need to cut 'em out, just have a good ratio of protein:carbs. It's just bread - unless you make your own, the amount of additives they put into bread is shocking. Bread should be no more than 5 ingredients really, flour, yeast, water, salt, sugar, and some dried milk and potentially some butter. However there are about a good dozen ingredients including diglycerides and monoglycerides, stablisers etc...

Here's a typical roll from a supermarket:

Wheat Flour, Water, Sunflower Seeds (5%), Brown Linseeds (4%), Poppy Seeds (3%), Yeast, Sugar, Whey Powder (from Cows' Milk), Rapeseed Oil, Salt, Soya Flour, Barley Malt Flour, Emulsifiers: Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Sodium Stearoyl-2-Lactylate, Mono- and Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids; Preservative: Calcium Propionate; Palm Fat, Flour Treatment Agent: Ascorbic Acid.

That's over 24 ingredients for bread?!! That's just wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Just went all the way to Clapham to pick up my gym equipment!! Woo!

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

Really pleased with it - all for £60!

Got 187.5kg x 1 on deadlift today.

I reckon I could have squeezed out 190kg but I need to make sure I can still get up for my fasted cardio at 5.30am each morning so thought I'd leave it there :D
I'm getting closer to hitting the big 200kg that I hit a few years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom