Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrible gym session for me today. Felt fine before I started squatting but as soon as I got the bar on my back I felt weak. Struggled to break parallel with every set, even my warmups, and felt like my spine was being compressed. Finished my 5 sets then deadlifted but I'm aching like a ******* now and I've got a stinking headache :(

I leave the house for work around 6.45 so need to get it in before then.

Lucky I have a cross trainer in the garge so I just wake up, stick some shorts and ipod on and get on there. It's actually making me really refreshed during the mornings which is nice :D

I'll be trying my first body specific workout, tonight, in a long time!
Chest and maybe biceps.

Will do some squats first to warmup and throw in some lat pull downs, heavy singles or doubles, try and get upto body weight.

Should be interesting!

I kept putting off my gym work till after my knee surgery (end of April) but decided to get a month in before the op. There's a good gym just round the corner from where I work so can go there straight after, not expecting to see any big results with me not being able to do any serious leg work but at least I'll get myself back into a routine for when I start recovering.

Queues in my gym are starting to take the **** tbh.
I did manage a good chest workout with just flat bench and cables though so not all bad.

I'll be trying my first body specific workout, tonight, in a long time!
Chest and maybe biceps.

Will do some squats first to warmup and throw in some lat pull downs, heavy singles or doubles, try and get upto body weight.

Should be interesting!

well, got some work done. no BB bench due to wrist.
4x8 db press with the 40's. nothing special. could feel the wrist a bit on from the 3rd set which was annoying but one of those things. will have to let it get used to working hard again :]

Ugh, i hate missing a gym session!

Woke up today with a sore back, and it still dosent feel right.

No idea why though so skipped my chest workout tonight in the hope ill be ready for my leg sess tomor morning.

I've just sat and worked out my nutritional breakdown for my diet today and I've got to say I'm glad I'm trying to loose weight and not bulk up. I feel like I've been constantly eating all day and from what I've worked out I'm just scraping 2000kcals. Not a bad thing as it means I dont feel like I'm missing out if I'm eating all the time but I never want to try a clean bulk lol

What do you guys think of dumbbell bench pressing? I'm a pretty small guy, just starting out. Today I used dumbbells for pressing, would this be better than using a bar? As form is harder to keep imo, so more stabilising muscles are being used.

What do you guys think of dumbbell bench pressing? I'm a pretty small guy, just starting out. Today I used dumbbells for pressing, would this be better than using a bar? As form is harder to keep imo, so more stabilising muscles are being used.

Use both if you can say 1 week BB 1 week DB helps mix it up a bit and work different muscles

I think it's good to mix it up ... Flat BB / Incline DB

Or 10-12 weeks of BB then 10-12 weeks of DB

Went to the docs again yesterday...And they basicaly said I have to 'live' with my knee troubles...How grand.

I just have to try and do the exercises I was given a while back to help 'straighten' out the quad muscles around the knee, as one pulls more than the other or something :(...Pretty annoying.

My joints are just generally knackered...I'm only young dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom