Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news again - sorry PK :(

Shoulders in my experience require a lot of volume. 3x8, isn't really enough. IMO and experience, if I can do 3x8 of an exercise it's ok, but it's not really "pushing" myself. If you actually manage to 3x8 then surely you could do more? 5 sets IMO unless you're supersetting, even then I prefer 4 sets as a minimum, is not enough for decent development. Especially if you want to get the intensity/volume ratio right. Or even good ol' pyramid training, 3 sets just doesn't seem enough to me.

MY shoulders tire very quickly too - but you just have to push through the pain barrier. :)

Been doing a nice superset on shoulders for the last few weeks on my WSB
repetition upper body day:

Hang clean to push press supersetted with rear delt flies

Absolute killer.

Ah crap. Sorry to hear that PK :(
Can happily deadlift slow and controlled but you need the drive and power once the weight gets up to break it from the floor. The difference between me lifting a weight for 10 reps and none is literally 5/10K :(

Think I might turn to squatting twice a week for the foreseeable future. Would love to do powercleans but the speed of the lift would almost certainly kill my back.

3rd training day so far with squats in every session, going well so far and I've got a lot more left in me :)

So far :

Sunday - 80kg x 9 x 4
Tuesday - 85kg x 7 x 5
Wednesday - 90kg x 5 x 7

Depending how I feel on Friday I'm either going to go for 95kg or 100kg x 3 x 10

Lets see what progress I make on squats in the next few weeks with this :)

Hmmmmm i smell Smolov in the air :p

You do know that if you've put in your maxes when doing the calculations you WILL die hehe

Hmmmmm i smell Smolov in the air :p

You do know that if you've put in your maxes when doing the calculations you WILL die hehe

Just googled Smolov , this routine was given to me by my customer in Ukraine so could be a russian thing :p

My current PB is 110kg , if I keep this up for a few weeks I should break through that easily :)#

Doing similar for bench but only twice a week, not 4 times !

Just googled Smolov , this routine was given to me by my customer in Ukraine so could be a russian thing :p

My current PB is 110kg , if I keep this up for a few weeks I should break through that easily :)#

Doing similar for bench but only twice a week, not 4 times !

Yeah Smolov is very well known for being a totally brutal routine, some people burn out, some people get very good gains. Make sure you're eating and sleeping LOTS and keep other exercises to a minimum in particular ones that will hit your lower back.

Currently my routine is pretty simple. I'm cycling lots and cutting so i'm not chasing maxes.

Mon
Power Cleans (work up to a few heavy triples)
Push Press (heavy triples)
Supported Rows (3x10)
Back Squats (10x10)

Wed
Power Snatch (heavy triples)
Pullups (5x5 adding reps as able)
Military Press (10x10)

Fri
Front Squats (heavy triples)
BB Curls (3x10)
Tricep Pushdown (3x10)
Leg curls (10x10)

Had a go after my leg session tonight. Damn that was tough and totally finished off my legs :D

Got 30 reps at 92.5kg in 75 seconds.

Time limit was 1:30 - spoke to the gym owner (who did the timing) and he said the person who writes the website doesn't have a clue. I did it fresh obviously, but then I went on to do my max deadlift (either 180kg or 200kg can't remember what I was doing at the time).

Time limit was 1:30 - spoke to the gym owner (who did the timing) and he said the person who writes the website doesn't have a clue. I did it fresh obviously, but then I went on to do my max deadlift (either 180kg or 200kg can't remember what I was doing at the time).

I'd like to try it fresh, my legs were hammered after squatting.

Will have another go next week I think. Good fun though.

My current routine is

Mon Legs Squats 4 sets ending up with 140Kgs for 6 reps. I then finish off legs with legs extensions, leg curls and calfs.

Wed Chest/Back Bench, 4 sets finishing with 120 Kgs for 6 reps followed by heavy flies. Back is a mix chins and rows.

Fri Shoulders/Arms Dumbell press/Uprights Barbell curls and french presses.

Every week I keep to the basic core compound exercises and then mix the rest of the routine up for the same bodypart to fatigue the muscle ( Also, equipment might not be available)

Current 225 pounds ( 16 stoneish ) at 6 foot and low bodyfat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom